Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

How many of you would take part in this, Idea, if it were to become real?
Poll ended at 29 Apr 2009, 8:06 am
I would 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
I wouldn't 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
I rather not say 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
I dont have an opinion on this 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 8:06 am

the name of the topic really speaks, but i'll give more detail. I had just finished reading another form on "Aspergia", and while it had many flaws, there was an underlying idea, what if not neccessarily goto some other place to create a whole nother society, but make one in our society. Now i'm just 15 so i probably will miss many essentials, but what if it were to be "underground" if you will, not like the movies where they sit there and do it for so amount of years; emerge from there holes and find everything is fine, but a channel may be, a link upon every autistic person who isn't understood, a world that is right in front of every ones faces, but it can't be seen? Now this is an idea, but honestly is it a bad one or is it close to possible? Please critism is aprreciated. :idea:

Albert Einstein

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 8:25 am

I don't get what you are talking about.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 8:37 am

Note this is still an idea;

A world wide network, a communications, not neccessarily forums, but in a way " a global IM " type communication. Where people could talk, write, and draw there opinions, and everyone on the network would be able to see it, and in there language of cousre. It would be specified towards all autistic feilds, not to seperate us from everyone else that dosen't have an autistic view "so to speak", but to allow ideas to be spread world wide at any given moment, on any device that has a wireless connectivity ( PC's, Phones, ect..), and to not have a worry of others totally confused and lost. It may just be me, but when i talk to other with AS, and other autistic minds, they all seem to understand what im saying, and while they may not agree with me at all, they still understand what i'm going about. Like i said it's just an "IDEA", but sometimes the smallest ideas can become the biggest things. Hopefully that cleared things up, lol, otherwise im completely folding on my self. :)

Albert Einstein

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 9:15 am

It is called, The Internet.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 11:22 am

Lol, i know, but the internet does not have single "network channels" that can be accesssed across the globe constsantly, that is sort of what im trying to get at. A network that can be accessed through any device that has wireless Internet or Cell Phone reception, and it would be able to elaborate text, drawings, and speech, to all of the veiwers. Don't know if its possible but it would be a great idea.

An the internet is just a stream of data interpreted by your browser, i wish to have another browser grab the data and send it also, if that make sence?

Albert Einstein

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 11:32 am

Personally, the internet is sufficient for me. I can't see any additional benefits in what you are describing. There are several sites I am part of and where I interact with a variety of people. Not specifically autistic sites, other than this one, but then I don't actually want this - I like to know different sorts of people. I find people interesting. I am able to use drawings and speech if I wish - although I don't generally wish to use speech. The reason I enjoy the internet so much is because I prefer to communicate in writing. I do love drawing though, so I sometimes use drawings to illustrate what I'm saying. And I'd say my online social network is big enough. I'd find it too overwhelming to interact with many more people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 12:05 pm

Pointless. Whatever possible means of forming a community for ASD people can already be found through websites like WrongPlanet. Click on a member's nickname, and you be taken to a page where they will have provided other means to contact them. Otherwise, just click on the PM button.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.