I need to know why society think its ok to lie?

Page 9 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

ReeseLightnin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2009, 8:51 am

That's right, it's everyone else's problem and you're the strong one.

If you can't see how a person would want to lie over telling someone straight out "you're overweight, you're unattractive, you're not that bright, and you have rules for how I have to act" then you're really not fit for a human relationship. Either work on yourself or stop complaining with every breath.

17 Apr 2009, 2:17 pm

KenM wrote:
Sorry. I'm not going to accept that its ok for people to lie to me and mislead me. Plus unlike the majority of people out there, its seems I can take the truth. I'm done here.

You know what they mean when they say "Let's be friends" so they aren't misleading you then since you know what they mean by it.

Here I am posting again after I said I was done here. Now you can be mad at me for lying and misleading you. :lol:

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 3:41 pm

ReeseLightnin wrote:

Either work on yourself or stop complaining with every breath.

Glad some agrees with me. I have always worked on myself. Changed, and I have an open mind about most things. But I will not let people lie to me and disrespect me. If I change anymore to make others happy, I will not be the person I know anymore. I'm not going to change to make others happy. Eiither you like me for who I am or you don't. But if you don't, tell me flat out thats the way it is. But don't let me down easy to stroke your own fragile ego.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 3:53 pm

KenM wrote:
ReeseLightnin wrote:

Either work on yourself or stop complaining with every breath.

Glad some agrees with me. I have always worked on myself. Changed, and I have an open mind about most things. But I will not let people lie to me and disrespect me. If I change anymore to make others happy, I will not be the person I know anymore. I'm not going to change to make others happy. Eiither you like me for who I am or you don't. But if you don't, tell me flat out thats the way it is. But don't let me down easy to stroke your own fragile ego.

Hey I agree with you too... Sugar-coating stuff like this is wrong on all counts... I just know that there's a lot of wrong in the world and trying to fix all of it is futile...

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 3:57 pm

To everyone that agrees with me. Thanks. I guess I just have to find someone that is as honest as me.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 4:30 pm

The point is not to endlessly complain about it... okay, you are allowed to complain a little bit about it, but to truly show your disapproval of such, you need to raise yourself above all those women, and prove yourself a better person than they... and demonstrate that one can get through life without resorting to all that...

17 Apr 2009, 6:28 pm

I think it's stupid too but I don't complain about it. How they talk to each other is their business. I can't tell them how to live their lives or how to talk to each other. It be like someone telling me how to spend my time alone with my bf. I wouldn't like that.
When I know what phrases means, I don't b***h and moan about it and take it literal on purpose.

"It's raining men."

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 8:44 pm

KenM wrote:
Sorry. I'm not going to accept that its ok for people to lie to me and mislead me. Plus unlike the majority of people out there, its seems I can take the truth. I'm done here.

Good luck, Ken. All I can offer is that trying to dictate the terms under which other people lead their lives is not generally a successful ploy; I hope you find someone who thinks as you do, because I very much doubt that you are going to 'create' them through explanation.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 9:32 pm

I really don't like lies, even white lies.

If our culture has a problem telling someone the truth, then instead of white-lying about it I think we need to sit down and think of a solution. No use insulting that person's intelligence.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 4:35 am

I don't see it as telling people how to live there lives. I see it as being honest and treating people the way I want to be treated. I don't put it like a demand. I usally say something like: "I have trouble reading body languge, vocial tone. I take what you say as what you really mean. So please say what you mean, mean what you say. Don't say A and do B." I don't expect them to change lives. All I ask is people be honest with me.