Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 7:45 am

Did a month of Krav Maga, the basics are easy to get into: stay balanced on your feet and kick hard. I don't practice much these days, too much going on.

I've done Brazilian Ju-jitsu off and on, I can remember about 3 holds off the top of my head. I have pretty good core strength, and I'm squirmy enough to get out of a hold, but I don't go on the offensive all that well.

I'd really like to try Aikido, but I'm on a bad schedule for any kind of classes.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

Thus far, it appears to me that all instructors fall into one or more of the following categories:

:roll: "you are not paying attention. Other customers with the same number of lessons promoted twice"

:roll: "you are doing great".

:roll: assume you are intellectually challenged

:roll: distant

:roll: ignore you unless you do something they do not like

:mrgreen:

Self important lil ass holes ask "are you ok?" Every five minutes. As if they had the authority or skill to "help" if I was not "ok".

At least two separate idiots had the nerve to pound on the bathroom door. But I had just gotten there. Nobody was waiting for the bathroom. f**k those ass holes. They acted like the building was on fire.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 9:00 pm

I took my first adult class yesterday. These forms are going to be hard to memorize because of my impairment in memory retention, but if I can just get one down per belt, I think I’ll be all right. Just requires a lot of studying.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 10:21 pm

Grammar geek

After going to over 150 dojos for free trial lessons, it appears, to me, that the only occupation that has more mental illness symptoms than "sensei", is professional counselor

Just like outside the building, precious lil "people" inside the building form cliques

And when a "miscommunication" occurs (sooner or later it will), the precious lil "sensei" is biased in favor of the customer that is similar to the "sensei".

Double standards

Idiots screamed at me "relax your shoulder!" :roll: :cry:

No :!:

Not everyone has the same number of pain receptors :!: :heart: :cry: