Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 9:49 pm

Planet Maker wrote:
When you say "it irritates my sister" really means your sister doesn't have a clue after all these years your having aspergers

My wife and I are at are wits end on my many irritations and threaten me with divorce, so go ahead, so I can have some peace and quite for once and for all.

She knows I have sensory issues. She's more of the Autism Speaks mindset with her daughter, reminding her to make eye contact and even interrupting her mid sentence to do so, taking her to wildly loud and chaotic community centers and play places to "desensitize" her, etc...

I'm sorry about your sensory issues. My wife is sympathetic to my issues. If things get loud in our house I put my hearing protectors on. My wife and kids think nothing of it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 2:21 am

I am about to lose whatever reputation I have built up here over the last 5 years, oh well.

Barking dogs in particular and dogs in general is my sensory hell. There is no way to avoid hearing that sound at least on a semi regular bases.

Beyound barking I don’t like them and they don’t like me. This makes me more of an outlier then bieng autistic, much more. In many cases people love thier and other dogs more then they do thier children.

I don’t think your dog is cute, I don’t want to pet them.

You would be put away if you licked or jumped on me unless I asked but when your dog does it “isn’t it so cute”. I don’t think so to put it mildly.

When your dog is growling and barking at me angrily you do not need to tell me that your pet has NEVER acted that way before as I have heard the same thing all my life.

My negative attitude towerds dogs does not mean I hate children or am a psycho killer. Quite the opposite.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Planet Maker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Sep 2018, 7:31 pm

Your reply needs no apology, I completely understand, the frustration we go through can not be understood from outsiders and when where misunderstood it only pisses us off
Get a sound canon like I made to end the madness, completely humane and shuts there asses up for good

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 7:55 pm

I can be either way with dogs; if they're well behaved and fairly quiet, I get on with them OK and I quite like them. But I can't stand to be licked, and I don't like barking at all, especially not the high-pitched yapping of little dogs. Where I live, keeping a little yappy dog in the front yard seems to be a really popular thing, and it really sets me on edge; I get really startled if walking past sets them off, and if one of them gets going, it sets all the others off in a chain-reaction. Some summer evenings, you can go for an hour or more without a single break, as if they're doing a yapping relay so that they can keep the noise up constantly. I do feel a bit sorry for the dogs, though, I think most of them are just desperately starved of attention most of the time; some people's interaction with their dogs seems to be just to stick their head out of the front door to yell at the dog to shut up every few minutes, and I wonder why on earth they would keep a dog at all.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 10:01 am

Barking makes me smile. It has never bothered me at all.

Only people can make me barking mad.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 10:43 am

Trogluddite wrote:
I do feel a bit sorry for the dogs, though, I think most of them are just desperately starved of attention most of the time; some people's interaction with their dogs seems to be just to stick their head out of the front door to yell at the dog to shut up every few minutes, and I wonder why on earth they would keep a dog at all.

Agree. Many humans want “things”, but they don’t actually want to take care of them, train them, & spend time with them. :evil:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 3:42 pm

You could meet your sister outside the house

Barking dogs scare me

The owners act so entitled

Leash law

Planet Maker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Sep 2018, 3:30 am

Skilpadde wrote:
Barking makes me smile. It has never bothered me at all.

Only people can make me barking mad.

That's something my inconsiderate wife would say, how it never bothers her and giving a rip how it bothers a aspey
Not a good thing to tell a aspey how your superior to them only pisses them off

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 5:26 am

I frequently bark at dogs, meow at cats, neigh at horses, moo at cattle, oink at pigs, bray at burros, howl at coyotes, yip at prairie dogs, gobble at turkeys, and more.

When I was a kid, we had a large flock of peacocks that would roost on the windmill and well house at night. I loved to go outside and mimic their alarm calls and then listen to them join in.

One time when I was a kid in boy scouts, another scout and I were going house to house selling something raising money for the boy scout troop. We got to one house and it had a sign on the fence "Beware of Dog". The other scout didn't want to enter the yard to go to the front door but I insisted. Sure enough as we approached the door, some dog came running toward us barking and growling aggressively. When I responded with my best highly aggressive dog growls at the dog, he turned around, ran behind the house, and hid until we left.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 10:14 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

The owners act so entitled

Yes, yes, soo yes.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman