Why Does Serissa ignore me in the chatroom???

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

jrubio86
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jan 2006, 1:57 am

i feel compelled to ask what's going on with the aspie girls that are part of this community. It has happened twice to me over there. She comes to the place using her common nick (serissa), she idles for 20 or 30 secs then i say hello to her and here's when it happens what bugs me the most: she switches her nick to I_dont_exist and leaves the chatroom :(

i'd like to remind her and all the girls that cross paths with me here in the forums and the chatroom that i come in peace and i'd like to have a nice convo with all of you.

I DON'T BITE!! !! !! i'd like to just be a nice friend.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 7:40 am

Why didn't you PM her about this?

Dude just relax. If everyone behaved like this over what I do the world would have blown itself up by now.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:37 am

That's bad advice, hale-bopp — don't PM her. He could end up being accused of harassment (that's what happens to aspie guys).

Oh, that's a general statement, and doesn't imply that the person in question will necessarily act like that. That's to say, I'm not making an attack on anyone, just looking at the balance of probabilities, kind of thing.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:43 am

Actually, the constructive advice (given my new veteran status) would be to resolve it publicly, so he'd find it easier to defend any accusations made against him, if necessary. Unless she PMs him first, in which case all's fine and dandy. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:36 pm

ascan wrote:
That's bad advice, hale-bopp — don't PM her. He could end up being accused of harassment (that's what happens to aspie guys).

Oh, that's a general statement, and doesn't imply that the person in question will necessarily act like that. That's to say, I'm not making an attack on anyone, just looking at the balance of probabilities, kind of thing.

I meant PM her instead of making a thread.. I mean, it isn't any worse than this. If anyone accuses someone of stalking over a private mesasge there's something wrong.

But seriously try to relax - does it really matter if someone in a chat room ignores you? No. It's their problem, not yours.

The people in the chat seem to be ignoring me latley but It's all good, it's hardly important.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 7:54 am

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think making a thread about it was a good idea though.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 9:59 am

I don't understand why you felt the need to make a thread about me when you could have PMed me. I'm usually in the chatroom looking for Thagomizer, and if he's not there and isn't coming, I leave. Simple as that. I switch my name to I_dont_exist as a sort of joke. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, I didn't even remember you syaing hello. Don't take things so personally.

ascan wrote:

Actually, I consider this to be much more harassing. Dragging this out in public strikes me as extemely tacky.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 10:52 am

He he he....

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 1:43 pm

WooYayHooplah wrote:
He he he....

What about this is funny? I'm not even trying to sounds sarcastic, I geniunely don't see it.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 5:22 pm

Serissa wrote:
WooYayHooplah wrote:
He he he....

What about this is funny? I'm not even trying to sounds sarcastic, I geniunely don't see it.

LMAO, I think it's hillarious that someone would actually make a thread like this, I suppose should be locking this thread soon enough. :roll:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 9:21 pm

jrubio this is what you need to consider to decide whether a matter is appropriate for a thread, or PM.

You have to think

Does it concern/involve any comments apart from you and the other person? (in this case, Serissa)

If the answer is no, then don't make a thread about it. It is between you and Serissa, if you think she is ignoring you.

If someone had a personal question for me and made a thread about it I would be mortified.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 10:43 pm

jman wrote:
Serissa wrote:
WooYayHooplah wrote:
He he he....

LMAO, I think it's hillarious that someone would actually make a thread like this, I suppose should be locking this thread soon enough. :roll:

lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 11:42 pm

MindOfOrderedChaos wrote:
jman wrote:
Serissa wrote:
WooYayHooplah wrote:
He he he....

lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not a flame war, so I see no need to lock it. It's just flummoxing that it exists in the first place. It doesn't voilate the TOS in any blatant way that I'm aware of, it's just rude. If I ruled the world, yes, I'd delete this thing, but it would create more problems than it would solve.

jrubio86
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jan 2006, 2:27 am

well i don't think it's rude, it's just that i felt that the whole ignore thing was awkward and i wanted an explanation for it, just that, i'm sorry if it was a mistake to have it done this way

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 10:26 am

jrubio86 wrote:
well i don't think it's rude, it's just that i felt that the whole ignore thing was awkward and i wanted an explanation for it, just that, i'm sorry if it was a mistake to have it done this way

It's all right; you're new so I guess you aren't used to forum etiquette. It was just kind of embarassing for me.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2006, 3:10 pm

I noticed alot of inappropriate laughter in this thread!! (that's another thread)

I don't see what's out of line. I'm a "new kid" too. I don't think there's anything wrong with bringing out a grievance on a p.m. or a thread. I think we should be open and honest here. I have felt snubbed many a time on this site, but, hey, I'm so used to it! If we were all face to face though, I would have split a long time ago!

P.S. I think "forum ettiquette" is poo poo.