Do You live in your own little world?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BlueArrow
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2017, 4:28 pm

Yes I do. Ever since I was a kid. My mind was always full of exciting action figures and video game characters. It never went away really. Today I am still that same little boy, but feeling the pressure and expectation from the neurotypical world. It makes me sad. I also struggle with OCD. Wish I didn't have it. It's exhausting.

Sometimes I get really excited on a topic, like from a comic book or movie, and I create all these scenarios with the characters in my head, extending plots and adding lots of action sequences. I even have full TV episodes where I am narrating and doing all character dialogue and then watching the action take place in my mind. I went on a few walks and did a whole X-Men crossover with Sonic the Hedgehog, where Beast teamed up with Sonic to overtake a ghoulish nemesis. I should have written it down as it was a complete TV episode. Luckily I am going into Children's media production so I should be able to use my talents :)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:31 pm

I live increasingly in the real world, but I guess I do sometimes live in my own world when I'm planning a speech I'm going to write or the book I want to write about Denis Istomin.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:46 pm

BlueArrow wrote:
Yes I do. Ever since I was a kid. My mind was always full of exciting action figures and video game characters. It never went away really. Today I am still that same little boy, but feeling the pressure and expectation from the neurotypical world. It makes me sad. I also struggle with OCD. Wish I didn't have it. It's exhausting.

Sometimes I get really excited on a topic, like from a comic book or movie, and I create all these scenarios with the characters in my head, extending plots and adding lots of action sequences. I even have full TV episodes where I am narrating and doing all character dialogue and then watching the action take place in my mind. I went on a few walks and did a whole X-Men crossover with Sonic the Hedgehog, where Beast teamed up with Sonic to overtake a ghoulish nemesis. I should have written it down as it was a complete TV episode. Luckily I am going into Children's media production so I should be able to use my talents :)

I hope you are doing okay right now. OCD is really hard to deal with, believe me, I know what you're going through.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2017, 5:29 pm

I live in my own head if thats what you mean (and have been told it loads of times) I want to leave it, its busy, noisy and never stops. The problem is I don't really want anything to do with the rest of the planet. That does not mean I am not interested in it, its just that I want to engage with it on my terms and not for very long either. as soon as I go anywhere I want to go home again.

I am out of work at the minute (again) due to anxiety, oh and getting the sack for basically being an aspie. I really want to go back to work, staying at home all the time is not good for me. I don't have any friends although I am married and thank god my wife of 27 years is ace, I just don't want to see anyone else and hate anyone else coming to the house. At the moment the only time I leave the house is for my daily 4 mile walk (I live in the countryside) and would never come into contact with anyone I would have to talk to, if I see anyone at all. The rest of the time I am on my computer

BBC: Radio 4

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2017, 8:55 pm

Yes, as often as I can manage it. The real world has some good things in it, like pizza for example. But it's also dirty, violent, and corrupt. I'll go for a walk and read the paper sometimes, but mostly I would rather stay in my own head where the world makes sense to me and the possibilities really are infinite.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

oddnumberedcat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

Kind of. I'm very introverted and go by the beat of my own drummer. Frankly, if I didn't go to work every day, I'm not sure I'd interact with people much. I like people, but ultimately, I just really like being in my own thoughts and reading, constantly constantly constantly. (Reading news and science journals, specifically. I don't like fiction.)

Basically, I want to live immersed in a steady stream of new interesting facts that make me think. Everything else is immaterial.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 10:23 pm

I am so stunned as I read so many of the descriptions here and feel like it is my own voice.
Thank you all for sharing! It 's the best feeling to know you all are out there.

I am also so happy being pretty isolated. Even my job has only sporadic human contact on a pretty artificial level. It suits me, but I also realize its probably important that I have some kind of job in the real world or I might not venture into much at all.