Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 3:53 pm

Why does the Spring, April weather seem to bring out shooters intent on killing people? The Columbine High School Tragedy, the bombing of
Oklahoma City, the Virginia Tech shootings...what is it about Spring that brings out the violent behavior in some people?

In the quiet, Upstate New York State city of Binghamton, a 42-year old Vietnamese man walked into a community civic center for immigrants and refugees from other countries, involved in taking a U.S. citizenship exam and began firing a high power gun. He killed at least 12 people and injured 26 before turning the gun on himself. Details remain sketchy and the story continues to unfold on the national news networks.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 4:17 pm

TOO MUCH violent incidents have been occuring in this country lately. I think it's time for Obama, Biden and all politicians nationwide to start developing ways to curb all kinds of violence nationwide.

metelz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2009, 4:40 pm

I think his I.D. said he was 42 and had a Vietmanese name. I think that he was described as being a young man with no details of ethnicity or nationality.

Personally I suspect that he was probabley a citizen with a fake I.D. The poor economy creating xenophobia. Some prick loses his job, blames it on the immigrants and goes on a rampage.

But that's just speculation. It's horrible that this has happened no matter who or why, and we need to figure out a way to stop this s**t without a bunch of idiots politicizing the matter. Of course there's less chance of that than of the murdered coming back from the dead.

metelz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2009, 4:43 pm

Update: The murder killed himself.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 6:28 pm

I've often thought that too. April is the month for people to lose it. I don't think there was much of a trend until Waco. After Waco, the trend began. Maybe Waco was the beginning? Waco, then the Oklahoma City Bombing, then Columbine, and everything else followed those.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 7:23 pm

He used a 9mm and a .45. Those aren't "high power".

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud