NT question about food (liking and not liking)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2009, 5:21 pm

one day my beloved aspie friend likes strawberries, the next day he doesn't like them. same with crackers. one day, he likes them...next day he says he doesn't like them and gives them away to someone else... i'm trying to figure out what he likes and doesn't like and it changes seemingly daily. he's reminding me of that katy perry song..."you're hot when you're cold, you're yes when you're no, you're in when you're out, you're up when you're down..."

so, is this typical for aspiesl!?!? liking something one day and not the next?

thanks!!

Holinyx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2009, 9:18 pm

it's that way for me. i freaking LOVE peanut butter. anything with peanut butter. but i may go weeks without it. i just don't feel like having any. i might open a jar and get me a few wiffs of the sweet smell lol but not eat any. then outta the blue i might eat 4 pb sandwiches and a bag of reeces pieces. i'd never give it away though. i'd hoard it for later.

you might just have to pick something random everyday and just see if he likes it lol. i'm sure he'll appreciate the jesture.

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2009, 12:00 am

thanks. i love sharing food...

twix93
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2009, 6:09 pm

Quote:
so, is this typical for aspiesl!?!? liking something one day and not the next?

I'm a bit like that - I often hate food that I used to like, especially if I find a nicer version of the food or if I eat it all the time and get bored of it.

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 1:59 pm

Mostly I like the same not-too-short list of foods from one day or week to the next. But my desire to eat a certain food fluctuates. I love strawberries, but at a certain moment may really not feel like eating them, even if someone is offering. Also, I like to eat in a particular way. For example, I don't nibble often when cooking. I like to wait until all the food is on the plate and everything is ready, even if I'm hungry.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2016, 7:46 pm

Oh, no. My food preferences are asperger controlled as well!
I tend to go off things after a while. Perhaps I over do it a bit.
I ate Salsa Doritos (occasionally Nacho Cheese) and sourcream for two months straight (bad situation, and laziness). Now I don't really touch those two things. Though they weren't favourites, sour cream is still nice with some chips and things.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 8:11 pm

It's not how I am. Over a long period of time I might change my preferences, for instance I didn't like and dislike exactly the same things say 25 or 30 years ago as I do now. But I don't suddenly stop liking something (unless a recipe is changed so the food is less tasty to me). Sometimes I can eat the same food for breakfast for months. But there are also times when I don't really feel like a food item despite still liking it. How often I eat it/want it differs a lot.

And there can be huge differences between brands. One type of tikka masala is one of my most beloved foods, another was nothing more than okay and a third was no good at all.

emtyeye wrote:
Also, I like to eat in a particular way. For example, I don't nibble often when cooking. I like to wait until all the food is on the plate and everything is ready, even if I'm hungry.
I'm the same there.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 10:04 pm

I don't like being expected to conform to the picture someone else has made in their head about my tastes. This may in itself be enough motivation to change them, as it's the only way to make sure I'm still free.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.