Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 9:14 am

Jainaday wrote:

Quote:
HOLY CRAP.

I know I haven't posted for awhile, but I don't remember people on this site having such a profound unablity to Read.

Well now let's not get so PERSONAL.

I'm merely stating that I don't think Anna in anyway was hinting that we were any better than them...but if this is about debating us vs them rather than giving freedom of opinion then you have the freedom to do so but it's quite another to state a claim that one is being offensive then I just can't help but jump in. Also the assumption I made was in the same light your assumption was of Anna. I'm not a lawyer but when I see someone saying how offensive another post is without it being as careful as possible not to offend such as technical words, I believe they have nothing to do with what you are claiming otherwise. I then I got ask what is soooooooo offensive about it to give off such a reaction in tone of CONTEXT.

Anyway, that's just the way I see it don't like it you are free to disagree with whatever it is that gives you a reaction. Meanwhile, don't assume that no one is going to react the "right" way to a reaction or topic.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 12:12 pm

I consider MYSELF more moral and more ethical than any Religious_to_fundie Muslim ---> So come and sue me Jainaday.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 12:32 pm

You are qwick to make assumtions Jainaday.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 2:13 pm

Jainaday wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

anna is not American.....

and what part of '(muslim fundies)' you didn't see?

She defended the morality of "us." Since this is an American based, English Language site, it seems fair to assume the historical references I made to the immorality of the UK and the US would be applicable.

maybe you should take words more literally Jainaday.

personally I'm a moral relativist, I don't think anyone has the right to call anyone immoral- not the Pope, not the fundameltalists of all sorts, and not you.

Muslim fundamentalists want to kill *us* (= Westerners, for the lack of a better term) because they find our way of life immoral, yet they want to legally rape their wives, marry little girls (so also to legally rape them), have multiple wives AND they want to kill us because they believe they will get to rape virgins in heaven.

seriously, can't you see the irony??

connor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2009, 5:16 pm

time to move to afghanistan! gigity-gitity-gigity-goo! all right!
i hope i dont need to register as a citizen for that law too apply to me :P