Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 4:26 pm

Anyone follow the English premiership? Liverpool are my favourite team, who's yours?

post-ante
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2006, 4:39 pm

Liverpool aren't doing too well, are they? A draw with Bolton, dear me. Never would have happened in the days of Fowler and McMan. I'm a Man U fan. Right now we're neck and neck with Arsenal, it's nailbiting stuff. No doubt we'll win the match, though. I reckon we've got a good chance of topping the table this year.

It's good to be back. Here's to a Happy New Year and a championship victory for Manchester United.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 4:44 pm

Haha very funny, we all know how credible a challenge ManU put up against Chelsea every year. They are bottlers. We are only 3 points behind you but have a bit to go to catch up with the londoners but can manage it helped by an inevitable win on the 3rd of february.. Remind me my friend just who got put out of Europe early and just who are the European Champions?

post-ante
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2006, 4:57 pm

I'm not going to cry over the spilt milk that is this year's UEFA Champions League. It's been a hard year for Man U, having to deal with injuries galore. If everyone didn't hate us so much for being so great we wouldn't have so many players on the bench with cuts and bruises.

We've drawn with Arsenal. Sod it. That's ruined my night. I guess Piers Morgan will be happy his team hasn't been annihilated as it should have been, though. And he's a yuppie who I've got respect for, so all in all things have balanced out.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 5:13 pm

Oh no, not the "we're the biggest and the best and only lose because everyone hates us" routine that ManU always hit out with since the whinging Ferguson started that mentality. If everyone hates the mancs there must be a good reason for it like your chavvy team and supporters.

Let's face it your old news now that the london finally have contenders in Chelsea and the londoners are saving the trip up north. There is only one giant northern team left with loyal local supporters and that is Liverpool. I havent seen anything of the Arsenal game but i presume you were played off the pitch as usual.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 5:26 pm

Manchester United since back in the day!

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 5:28 pm

How original. :roll:

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 5:43 pm

I already explained to you my team exchange (all california team and an english club football team) in my youth. Apparantly Man U was the shite 23 years ago and that was everybodies favourite so i got on board.

I cannot really follow it outside the imternet, because here in america soccer is for the kids with asthma. Which i don't get, i never had asthma, myself. :roll:

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 5:46 pm

Here american sports are for the kids who got bullied out of the football team. I suppose it comes down to regional preferances. :roll: :wink:

post-ante
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2006, 9:13 am

You made me choke on my coffee and spill it all over today's copy of the Mirror with the comment about Liverpool being the only Northern team left with loyal, local supporters. Loyal, local supporters my arse.

I've read Ricky Tomlinson's autobiography, I'm not daft. Most the fans fly in by plane today and commute from Merseyside's leafy suburbs. If you're going to gel your hair and slick it back, do it right and be a United fan for God's sake.

We may see eye to eye on Alex Ferguson. He's a Scotsman like you. That explains a lot. He can't control the notorious tribalistic Scottish temper. His behaviour recently has been particularly disgraceful and lacking in integrity and I hope he is replaced by a young gun soon.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 2:35 pm

LIV-ERP-OOL, Liverpool FC!! !!

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 2:38 pm

post-ante wrote:
You made me choke on my coffee and spill it all over today's copy of the Mirror with the comment about Liverpool being the only Northern team left with loyal, local supporters. Loyal, local supporters my arse.

We may see eye to eye on Alex Ferguson. He's a Scotsman like you. That explains a lot. He can't control the notorious tribalistic Scottish temper. His behaviour recently has been particularly disgraceful and lacking in integrity and I hope he is replaced by a young gun soon.

We also see eye to eye on the Mirror being the top tabloid in Britain bar none but Alex Ferguson is a Rangers minded Scotsman from the same part of Glasgow as me and i am a Celtic minded Scotsman from the same part of Glasgow as him. Totally different breed.

post-ante
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2006, 2:39 pm

Glory, glory Man United! Glory, glory Man United! Glory, glory Man United and the Reds go marching on!

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 2:44 pm

If you hate the mank mancs clap your hands. And youll never walk alone. When you walk through a storm hold your head up high.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 1:24 am

Texas won the National Championship. College Football is real Football.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 5:50 am

Kevv, quit trolling. You know i mean what most of the world call football and not American football. :shameonyou: CELTIC, CELTIC is the best!! !!