Yes 56%  56%  [ 48 ]
no 44%  44%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 86

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 5:45 am

Daxter,
I'm so sorry that happened to you. There are some real nasty people on the internet. Some do it because they are just bored, others because they have low self confidence. I know a troll who in real life had a stutter.
When things like that happen just get offline and draw in a big sketch pad. Get away from the computer. Leave sites that have people like that. Never try to argue with them, they will just mock you more.
I remember being on a fan forum and someone hated me for no reason. I left that site and well I think that band is lame now.
You could always post your art on DeviantART.com. I think you can disable comments.
Just don't let internet bullying get you down because it's not real life. You can easily escape it.

AsperGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Apr 2009, 7:12 am

You have one or two people doing that like of obsessive stuff. Not everyone there. Did you piss someone off?

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2009, 4:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I hope you find this place more accommodating and kindly.

As for me, yes, I was cyber bullied. On a forum I used to visit but now no longer visit, owing to a disagreement with the webmaster over his rude treatment and abuse of users he disagreed with politically. There were two users, a couple, who were banned many times, but kept signing up under annonymous screen names to bully me and a few other users specifically. They took great joy in antagonizing me about my Jewish heritage, posting antisemitic remarks, making rude quips, and on a video I posted, they called me ugly and androgynous, asking if I was Jewish because I was so ugly. They also mocked me for being poor, after I broke down and said that I was scared my family would be living off of food stamps.
These types of things were annoying more than anything. I just wonder how they sleep at night making such cheap antisemitic jokes.

SilverxStarz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2009, 4:57 pm

Like many others in our community, I too have been bullied in real life as well as online. Here is a list of steps you should take against Cyber-bullies and/or Cyber-stalkers.

1.) Try to ignore it. It doesn't always work, but its the first step.
2.) If the bullying continues try ways of blocking them from viewing your page, posting, and / or using ignore features. Do not be afraid to contact the administrators to tell them what is going on. Tell them that you've tried ignoring them (and/or blocking) but it doesn't work.
3.) If a bully has gone too far (hacking is too far) then report them to the site administrator and explain what happened. You can also do a search and find the appropriate authorities to report the crime to. If they hacked your account it is a crime and you can immediately report it to IC3. Search for IC3 on Google. I believe you can also contact your local authorities about cyber-stalkers and cyber-bullies. Another thing you should consider doing is creating a new alias and/or screen name. Be careful what you tell others online and make it harder for them to find you again.

Hopefully you only need the three steps I've listed, but I've heard of cases of Cyber-bullying and Cyber-Stalking transforming into a real life stalker/bully. Then there is a process of contacting the authorities and seeking protective/restraining orders.

There were times when the Cyber-bullying and Cyber-stalkering were so bad that I was literally afraid to go online. I was tired of the harassment and abuse. I tend to also get banned and suspended a lot on message boards because I am strongly opinionated and I will not be silent if I have something to say.

Aspieking07
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2009, 7:52 pm

SilverxStarz wrote:
Like many others in our community, I too have been bullied in real life as well as online. Here is a list of steps you should take against Cyber-bullies and/or Cyber-stalkers.

1.) Try to ignore it. It doesn't always work, but its the first step.
2.) If the bullying continues try ways of blocking them from viewing your page, posting, and / or using ignore features. Do not be afraid to contact the administrators to tell them what is going on. Tell them that you've tried ignoring them (and/or blocking) but it doesn't work.
3.) If a bully has gone too far (hacking is too far) then report them to the site administrator and explain what happened. You can also do a search and find the appropriate authorities to report the crime to. If they hacked your account it is a crime and you can immediately report it to IC3. Search for IC3 on Google. I believe you can also contact your local authorities about cyber-stalkers and cyber-bullies. Another thing you should consider doing is creating a new alias and/or screen name. Be careful what you tell others online and make it harder for them to find you again.

Hopefully you only need the three steps I've listed, but I've heard of cases of Cyber-bullying and Cyber-Stalking transforming into a real life stalker/bully. Then there is a process of contacting the authorities and seeking protective/restraining orders.

There were times when the Cyber-bullying and Cyber-stalkering were so bad that I was literally afraid to go online. I was tired of the harassment and abuse. I tend to also get banned and suspended a lot on message boards because I am strongly opinionated and I will not be silent if I have something to say.

Yes. I am being Cyber-bullied on this site and a few moderators are obviously in on it. I am SilverxStarz and my account was banned.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 8:13 pm

No, I can't see how I would. If I post something that pisses people off like negative comments on a youtube video, then oh well. I have strong opinions and I tell it like it is. I like it when they get mad and curse at me because it's entertaining and I will always win the arguments. If anything gets out of hand, I could always block them and then it's over.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 9:06 pm

Don't keep accounts with the same name or password.
Don't make pointless threads.
Abandon breached or found accounts.
Don't give out personal details, ever.
Lol internet.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2009, 7:10 pm

i have never been cbyer bullyed before.

DaxterVoose
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2009, 9:43 pm

Thanks for all the support. I'm sorry to hear your stories as well and judging by the poll I can see many of you have had a similar experience. Thanks for sharing it :)

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 10:01 pm

Warsie wrote:
Callista wrote:
What if you were to respond with the most over-the-top emotional response you could think of, and see how long you could keep them going?

that is covered under the chanspeak term "trolls trolling trolls"

yes /b/rother, I was about to say that this poor soul has been a victim of trolls, the chantards broke the NYPA rule, anyway, as a former /b/tard (inb4 rules 1 &2) the best advice is ignore them, answer no pms from them at all, trolls work by getting reactions, no reactions=no lulz= Short attention span.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 1:37 am

I have been cyber bullied many times. It makes me terribly depressed. Believe it or not it includes this site as well. It is even worse on the schizophrenia site I go on. In fact I actually had stalkers just joined to hurt me, and no, that's no delusion! And to make things worse, the moderators are so bad on that site that they have actually conducted "research" on me for days (I mean both the moderators joined forces against me, that's how bad it was!) to expose if I am a bad person to the world. I truly HATE them and hope they die. They even silence my voice over on that site, they are no longer letting me post. And whats worse is that I did nothing to deserve this treatment because I did nothing to break the rules. It reminds me of how I was treated back in junior high and high school. The moderators on the schizophrenia site are the worst in the world. I mean they have 47,000 members on that site (if you don't believe me, go to www.schizophrenia.com ) and they don't do this to ANYONE else but me. How do you think that makes me feel? I know in an earlier post I wrote 43,000 but I checked again and that number was wrong. I mean this sort of thing should be illegal. The moderators over there are such a**h**es that should be charged with something and not allowed to moderate the site anymore. I truly hope something nasty comes their way.

ProudAspie
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2011, 8:58 pm

Callista wrote:
If that happened to me, I'd leave the site. Those people don't sound like the kind of people I'd want to talk to.

Hi I have just stopped using another site in which racism, sexism, anti semitism and discrimination against disabled people were the norm.

It also has a history of contributing to the suicide of one member (who was a distinguished war vet).

Cyber bullying does leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2011, 9:16 pm

Oh heaven's yes... I have been cyber bullied ever since I've been on the internet (1995) in every way and for every reason imaginable. As long as bullies have some way to cower behind their mom's apron strings while imposing their insecurity on others they will do so and the internet simply makes it much easier and more convenient for them to do so.

I get the same treatment in real life these days by a bunch of jock neighbors who make comments about me through the walls of my apartment bulding while never having the courage to show their faces.

Bullying of any kind is nothing but the behavior of insecure, weak cowards.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 9:20 pm

Does being called a n00b count?

ProudAspie
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2011, 9:31 pm

This stuff is really nasty and a sample of the hate that is out there.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/162453 ... mongs.html

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/BlotBangRub

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2011, 11:52 pm

Luckily, when I was in high school, the bully types couldn't figure out to dial in to the school's bbs. (dang I am getting old)