My observations about physical attractiveness and arrogance

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 3:20 pm

In my experience I've actually found that the ugly chicks are actually more likely to have a boyfriend. When I was still looking I was once told to lower my expectations and came to the discovery that damn near all of the ugly ones were already taken. I went on facebook to investigate and did some browsing and noticed that the less physically attractive a girl was, the more likely she was to not be single. Maybe it's because ugly chicks are easier to approach for most guys. Maybe that's just affected by my view of attractiveness which may be different from other guys'.

So if you're a single female and unhappy about it, take heart. Look on the bright side, it probably means that you're hot. :bom:

Arrogance is bliss. Instead of being jealous of others' arrogance, just become arrogant yourself. :P

Darian_C
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Apr 2009, 3:56 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I'm a little confused about attractive as some girls are real made up and some girls are auh..naturale....meaning they're not ugly just not primped up.

I can guess it's because hot girls get to have more choices in the matter of relationships...but I don't think it's just looks (and yes they do help a great deal in the mating game)...but also their self-esteem, psychological aspects, boundaries, interests, personality, and so on. I don't think they all fit into one box but yes attractive people in general get to be selective....even guys.

But as I said...and this may be because I'm female....I have trouble making destinctions between hot and just attractive. Even guys pimp themselves out and yet I find some guys who don't fit into this social construct of attractive...attractive. And no, I'm not indicating just the personality but looks as well.

I guess for guys it's either hot or not...I don't know but guys have always baffled me with their ideals of attractiveness.

If you want to be able to 'see' which girls are more attractive and which are not you could always get a chicken or rooster. Chickens have the same 'eye' for attractiveness as males do (about 99.8% of the time chickens and males agree on the hottest girl) and will often roam and scope the room for the most attractive girl then they will proceed towards her and stay there. Once this happens you can then make your observations and see if you can find how accurate the trend is. Most places don't allow animals however, so this is something you should do outside, where a wandering chicken would be less noticed.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 4:16 pm

Given enough time, arrogance does not pay off.

When she hit 35-something (and even if she still looks a bit good) she may have 5 kids, a morgage and 2-3 screaming ex'es that come by to pick up the kids every so often - she will learn that she is not that attractive on the "singles market" anymore.

I dont even bother with extremly beautiful girls/women anymore. I put all my energy talking to girls that look good and give me an impression that she has something "up there" when i talk to her, if not - she is just a waste of my time.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 5:39 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
In my experience I've actually found that the ugly chicks are actually more likely to have a boyfriend. When I was still looking I was once told to lower my expectations and came to the discovery that damn near all of the ugly ones were already taken. I went on facebook to investigate and did some browsing and noticed that the less physically attractive a girl was, the more likely she was to not be single. Maybe it's because ugly chicks are easier to approach for most guys. Maybe that's just affected by my view of attractiveness which may be different from other guys'.

So if you're a single female and unhappy about it, take heart. Look on the bright side, it probably means that you're hot. :bom:

Arrogance is bliss. Instead of being jealous of others' arrogance, just become arrogant yourself. :P

It really depends on the age. How old are you?

In the teen years, anything with a vagina is popular (so pretty much any girl can have a boyfriend if she really really wants one), because guys are desperate for sex. I was always amazed at some of the girls who thought they were in the same tier as I was -- I think fat and ugly girls might just have high self esteem because in the teen years, it's a seller's market. And if they're fat or ugly and trying to prove something to themselves (e.g., that they are valued), odds are that they will get a BF just to feel better, vs. a girl with better looks who knows that she's pretty and wanted. Get my drift? Pretty chicks get solicited all the time, so they don't need a guy to make them feel better. Fat and ugly chicks know they had better strike while the iron is hot, so they are more likely to be aggressive about getting a BF. They try harder, so they get BF's. Pretty girls don't try hard, because they often don't have that overwhelming desire to have one (until much later, when they want to get married and have kids).

Fast forward to the 20s and later -- fatties and ugly chix, not so popular anymore.

Darian_C

07 Apr 2009, 7:22 pm

It depends though upon a massive variety of factors. What about overall personality and intelligence? Emotionally? What about the country/area she lives in or how she was brought up to be. Childhood, adolescelence and the peers during this time have a significant impact and influence on how she will act towards guys in the future.

With all the underlying influences, how can you be so sure that you can just seperate everyone into some kind of category? People are too diverse to be generalized, but maybe you are onto something.

It has a lot to do with our society in these modern times.

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2009, 7:38 pm

I notice if I am nice toward a woman I find attractive, it is usually taken by them that I am desperate and I am beneath her status of the pool of guys she has a choice from.

Also when I am not nice, but arrogant toward a woman I find attractive, it is usually taken by them that they see themselves being below what my standards are and triggeres some competitive thing or something that they then persue me in their particular way.

I have blown off many females that I have found attractive, knowingly and unknowingly and they come back even more so... Or if I am in a crowd of females and I pay attention to one od them that is on the lower end of the pecking order, it usually starts some sort of competition between them in getting my attention or anoy other guys attention.

I have therorised and did some testing by emulating a niice guy persona and an arrogant jerk persona and one in between. The nice guy always finishes last, what they portray in hollywood is bunch of B.S. ~about the nice guy getting the girl.

Very attractive women are a turnoff, they already have a rooted concept of their vanity and inflated egos... I seen it all before, because they look gorgeous, a sense of entitlement with a superficial personality... major turnoff... in a few years, time will have its way with them and will change their bodily appearance. A woman that is atractive and does not flaunt it and really know that she is, that really gets my attention and to me, makes that woman sexy... she has to have personality and I am sure a woman like this does have one.

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 10:36 pm

Men don't have to be nearly as good looking as they think they need to be to date a gorgeous woman. It really is just as much about confidence and showing interest in the woman.

Also important is being an interesting person.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 10:40 pm

I don't give off that I want in their pants 24/7 which most aspies seem to do
I mean yeah I am a...well I am not hetero, I'm more bi lol
but I don't want to f**k every girl I see, all my friends are girls, and I think they are really good friends
I care about them deeply and enjoy having a friendship with them. I am happy-and I know what I am doing, or at least they seem to think I do lol

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 10:24 am

Darian_C wrote:
It depends though upon a massive variety of factors. What about overall personality and intelligence? Emotionally? What about the country/area she lives in or how she was brought up to be. Childhood, adolescelence and the peers during this time have a significant impact and influence on how she will act towards guys in the future.

With all the underlying influences, how can you be so sure that you can just seperate everyone into some kind of category? People are too diverse to be generalized, but maybe you are onto something.

It has a lot to do with our society in these modern times.

This coming from someone who's 14. You didn't really say anything other than "It really depends" -- I think the OP was looking for something more insightful than that. Do yourself a favor and don't answer your in-class essays that same way, your HS and college teachers will slam you for it.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 10:26 am

Dee_ wrote:
I notice if I am nice toward a woman I find attractive, it is usually taken by them that I am desperate and I am beneath her status of the pool of guys she has a choice from.

Also when I am not nice, but arrogant toward a woman I find attractive, it is usually taken by them that they see themselves being below what my standards are and triggeres some competitive thing or something that they then persue me in their particular way.

I have blown off many females that I have found attractive, knowingly and unknowingly and they come back even more so... Or if I am in a crowd of females and I pay attention to one od them that is on the lower end of the pecking order, it usually starts some sort of competition between them in getting my attention or anoy other guys attention.

I have therorised and did some testing by emulating a niice guy persona and an arrogant jerk persona and one in between. The nice guy always finishes last, what they portray in hollywood is bunch of B.S. ~about the nice guy getting the girl.

Very attractive women are a turnoff, they already have a rooted concept of their vanity and inflated egos... I seen it all before, because they look gorgeous, a sense of entitlement with a superficial personality... major turnoff... in a few years, time will have its way with them and will change their bodily appearance. A woman that is atractive and does not flaunt it and really know that she is, that really gets my attention and to me, makes that woman sexy... she has to have personality and I am sure a woman like this does have one.

Great insights -- what you have pointed out is very much true, and others in the field of dating have noticed the same phenomena, especially RE: female competition.

+1 to what you wrote, others should reread it.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 4:47 pm

Darian_C wrote:
If you want to be able to 'see' which girls are more attractive and which are not you could always get a chicken or rooster. Chickens have the same 'eye' for attractiveness as males do (about 99.8% of the time chickens and males agree on the hottest girl) and will often roam and scope the room for the most attractive girl then they will proceed towards her and stay there. Once this happens you can then make your observations and see if you can find how accurate the trend is. Most places don't allow animals however, so this is something you should do outside, where a wandering chicken would be less noticed.

Where do you learn this stuff??

I have to try this! I'm not sure how people would react if I walked into a club carrying a squawking chicken, but it would be so worth it. Assuming I didn't get kicked out first, but then again, I have been kicked out for way more ridiculous things before (ie. falling asleep cause it's so darn exhausting in there with all the noise and people and lights etc. It's ridiculous how they automatically assume you're drunk off your face if you fall asleep (without even giving you a chance to speak up for yourself) and I had only had my usual one standard drink all night!)

Sorry, think I hijacked another thread. :oops:

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2009, 9:26 am

Postperson wrote:
so you're 'unattractive' and therefore 'nice'?

Like I said, there are always exceptions, but generally the girls I knew and met in life that were not the prettiest or most attractive tended to be kind, friendly, and humble. I'm saying this is indicative of all girls that might be deemed "unattractive", certainly there are those who can be angry and resentful, but like I said, it is like a trend I've noticed.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2009, 9:46 am

billsmithglendale wrote:
GoatOnFire wrote:

It really depends on the age. How old are you?

In the teen years, anything with a vagina is popular (so pretty much any girl can have a boyfriend if she really really wants one), because guys are desperate for sex. I was always amazed at some of the girls who thought they were in the same tier as I was -- I think fat and ugly girls might just have high self esteem because in the teen years, it's a seller's market. And if they're fat or ugly and trying to prove something to themselves (e.g., that they are valued), odds are that they will get a BF just to feel better, vs. a girl with better looks who knows that she's pretty and wanted. Get my drift? Pretty chicks get solicited all the time, so they don't need a guy to make them feel better. Fat and ugly chicks know they had better strike while the iron is hot, so they are more likely to be aggressive about getting a BF. They try harder, so they get BF's. Pretty girls don't try hard, because they often don't have that overwhelming desire to have one (until much later, when they want to get married and have kids).

Fast forward to the 20s and later -- fatties and ugly chix, not so popular anymore.

A very insightful observation. You are absolutely right, why do attractive women need to try? They already have enough guys hitting on them, and they have their picks of the prime cuts. As you said with unattractive gals, there is more evident feeling of an urgency to get a bf. I wouldn't say that unattractive girls always have bfs, as GoatsonFire stated.

I see it in this manner. Nice guys, confident guys, jerk guys, every kind of guy practically, is looking for the most attractive females he can obtain, and that is what they strive for. They always have their eyes set on obtaining the best they can. Even if they are rejected by the girls they seek, they will still go after them, and ignore the girls that are deemed physically unattractive, after all, I supposed the mentality is that guys don't want to go for girls they find physically unattractive because all guys have a sense of self worth romantically, and they feel that "settling" for something less than what they wanted is unacceptable and disappointing. I honestly believe that girls that are deemed "unattractive" due to what they look like physically or whatever, they feel like they have nothing to lose, so they will be more willing to ask out guys and push the action.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 10:27 am

i think that too many people judge what they hear based upon their hormonal disposition.
if they find you "pretty", they devote all their intelligence to understanding you so they can weasel their way to try to make love to you that night.

people are mainly interested in getting sexual satisfaction, and they are ridiculously forgiving of any social misgiving because they just want their sexual fire satiated.

i do not trust anyone who likes "looks" to the extent they mention it.
i believe they are just leading me on because they want to fornicate with me.
i also withdraw my attention from someone who looks "beyond what i say" into where they think i am, because i find foreign attention to be toxic to my "heart" (for want of a better word). they usually are incorrect in asserting where they think i am "coming from". they want it to be true and they get angry that they are wrong.

Last edited by b9 on 13 Apr 2009, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darian_C

12 Apr 2009, 5:40 pm

sunshower wrote:
Darian_C wrote:

Where do you learn this stuff??

I have to try this! I'm not sure how people would react if I walked into a club carrying a squawking chicken, but it would be so worth it. Assuming I didn't get kicked out first, but then again, I have been kicked out for way more ridiculous things before (ie. falling asleep cause it's so darn exhausting in there with all the noise and people and lights etc. It's ridiculous how they automatically assume you're drunk off your face if you fall asleep (without even giving you a chance to speak up for yourself) and I had only had my usual one standard drink all night!)

Sorry, think I hijacked another thread. :oops:

I watched another good episode of Manswers on Spike TV.

I'm sure it would be no big deal if you walked into a country bar or some rural place like that they wouldn't mind chickens (and you wouldn't carry the chicken you would just walk in with it and have it follow you). Still though, a lot of places don't allow animals, regardless of your reasons. Unless its the K-9 unit for the police or the drug sniffing dogs for the DEA for some kind of bust they probably won't allow ANY animals of ANY sort because especially in such a place everybody is drunk. Drunk people are completely unpredictable and to have them interacting with animals is another matter of sorts...

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 6:57 pm

Dee_ wrote:
Very attractive women are a turnoff, they already have a rooted concept of their vanity and inflated egos... I seen it all before, because they look gorgeous, a sense of entitlement with a superficial personality...

So, so true...

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).