Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 11:01 pm

Any fans here?

I'm still on the first one. It gets so hard but I love it. I'm a little into hard mode now.

Thom1234
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2009, 1:58 am

I've played 1,3 and 4. Finished 3 and 4, but I'm stuck on the 1st boss in 1 and haven't played it in forever. The gameplay is very fun, but making the second half of DMC4 the first half in reverse order seemed very lazy. 3's still my personal favourite. I've read several reviews that say 2 isn't very good.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 10:13 am

I got the fourth one the other day and I have found it pretty good, the cutscenes are nice, but I keep getting destracted by the voice sounding like Ichigo. Since it is my first time playing in the series I am playing on easy, and I don't have much of a problem with dieing mixing with the gameplay makes it fun to go through the hordes and though I didn't have too much difficulty with bosses so far they have been enjoyable. I am thinking about watching the anime aswell to get more into Devil May Cry, I wonder if it was as good as the opening fight to the game which was realy cool to watch.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 5:15 pm

got devil may cry 4 finally on Tuesday. think im on lvl 6 atm. Picked it up for 7 pounds (used) :D

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 6:03 pm

Thom1234 wrote:
I've read several reviews that say 2 isn't very good.

I read/was told the same thing by multiple people... but I personally found it to be WAY better then the first one. Although, none of them are as much fun as the 3rd in my opinion(including 4).

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 9:26 pm

[quote="Bradleigh"]I am thinking about watching the anime/quote]

There's a devil may cry anime?

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 11:02 pm

I beat Devil May Cry 4 on all difficulty levels except the last one you unlock. It was very difficult and I was almost relieved to take it back to Blockbuster. Maybe I did complete the hardest difficulty...idk. It was a fun and challenging game with a good story line. DMC4 actually got me liking RPGs.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 2:26 am

x_amount_of_words wrote:
DMC4 actually got me liking RPGs.

It's not an rpg though... I mean, maybe in the literal sense, that your playing the role of someone else in a game... but most games fit that description.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 7:11 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
I am thinking about watching the anime

There's a devil may cry anime?

yeah I picked up the first volume the other day which had a Devil May Cry 3 manga included. The anime pulls off a feeling of Dante's cockyness, the character kind of gives me a simular feeling of Spike Speagle or Alucard, of being confident though rightfully so. I just did the level where you fight Dante again the other day and horribly lost to him, though for second that I must have something he doesnt, remembered the arm and then totaly wiped the floor with him, though of course the cutscene revealed it not so. I have had a bit of trouble in the game of not knowing where to go and I end up running all the way back to the waterfall instead of crossing the bridge that is now down.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 8:55 am

I've played DMC 4 on the 360, it was my first DMC and I really enjoyed it, beautiful graphics, carismatich carachters, nice story, easy and funny gameplay and that Eastern flavour that is always welcome.

Angel_Maria
Raven
Raven

12 Apr 2009, 9:42 am

Devil May cry RULES!! !!
I love the first one. I not got the newest one yet but i dont have a console for that one :cry: