How do you remember?
First Person 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Third Person 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 8

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2009, 12:24 pm

I had a random thought the other day. How do people remember? I mean in what perspective. I think back and remember things and its almost always in the third person. It like the "camera" is slightly to the right and above the shoulder and maybe a foot and a half back. Now i can force myself to remember in first person ( thought my eyes). I just started to wounder if this is the same for all people or if its just weird old me.

So how do you remember? First Person, Third person, or somewhere in between?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Apr 2009, 4:23 pm

i dont know but my memory f*****g sucks. its awful and i wish it wasnt this way :jester: :lol:

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2009, 4:27 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i dont know but my memory f***ing sucks. its awful and i wish it wasnt this way :jester: :lol:

Same, I put keys down and i've lost them its that bad, I forget everything lol

CloudWalker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 2:40 am

Me too. It's like my brain renders the scene back like the 3rd person view of a 3D game.

For me, I think that's because I always tried to re-enact a situation, usually many many times, trying to figure out how others precieve my actions. So I guess I just got used to seeing things that way.

It may also have to do with the fact that I'm usually emotionally removed from the situation when I remember something.

Zenky
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2009, 3:23 am

I don't know i can remember in 3rd person when i'm unsure how i exactly look in that way. Maybe i've missed something obvious :P
Personally i remember from a first person view, i think.

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2009, 6:03 am

richardbenson wrote:
i dont know but my memory f***ing sucks. its awful and i wish it wasnt this way :jester: :lol:

Same here, I can never remember anything, it sucks. :x

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Apr 2009, 11:17 am

my brain feels like a bowl of oatmeal. if i go downhill anymore i will need a brain transplant

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 6:27 pm

That's very interesting - I never thought about it, but I realize now that a lot of my memories are from a third person perspective. Although I tend to re-live from a first person view the very intense or traumatic ones.

Khaaaaan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2009, 6:39 pm

I always forget Polend, "When we went in, there were three countries, Great Britain, Australia, and the United States. That's not a grand coalition we can do better"- Jon Carrie