Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 5:48 pm

Inventor wrote:
The first rule of Security, never tell anyone anything they do not have to know.

Only tell what they would find out anyhow.

Well when sharing classified data, there's only 2 criteria to meet: whether the person in question has the right clearance and whether they have a "need to know". Don't worry, I have been to multiple security briefings as part of the clearance process and I know all about it :P

I'm not worried about my own ability to hold classified information. Honestly I am the best secret keeper I know. I am worried about the government's perception of my ability to do so based upon a diagnosis that I don't currently have but am considering going for.

Either way I am pretty sure now that I will wait until I have been around the company for a few years and my value as an employee is high enough that they would pursue an appeal if anything were to happen.

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2009, 6:20 pm

Yes, I had various clearances while working in aerospace and I think your decision is sound. If there is no compelling reason to get a diagnosis immediately, your clearance process will go more smoothly. So much post-9/11-paranoia has seeped into the process, why make the decision more involved on their part.