About 50% 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
(More than zero but) Less than 50% 26%  26%  [ 19 ]
Zero% (As far as you know) 38%  38%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 72

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 11:03 pm

I have not read the thread (link follows) http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx56836-90-0.html yet, but thought it should have had a poll. So here it is. I am about half Norwegian, and about half Irish. I would guess a large percentage of Scandinavians have Aspie traits. I would guess a small percentage of those on the spectrum are Scandinavian.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 11:11 pm

No idea. I've got German, English and Indian in me.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 11:22 pm

No.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 11:23 pm

I don't know. I have ancestors from Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England, Swabia, Low Germany and the Ukraine. I don't know how much of it a mix of Gaetan/Finn or not.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2009, 12:46 am

pensieve wrote:
No idea. I've got German, English and Indian in me.

Not that I entirely buy the idea, but since you got english blood in your veins, it's a high possibility that you have some scandinavian blood there too. The vikings landed several places in england, and many names and cities are in fact norse names. The vikings settled down many places, and it's said that it was popular to marry a viking. They was taller and fairer than the english population, and dressed well. The upper class in the society, very much fancied the vikings. I have not heard the possible percentage of viking or scandinavian genes in the english population, but I've heard it's quite high

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2009, 12:59 am

I concider me a 100% norwegian, but there might be a german gene on my mothers side, not quite certain, cause it goes back to the middle age.
I'm not sure about this theory, I mean blame us "perfect" scandinavians for the whole mess? :D

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 3:25 am

Autism comes from my dad's side, an Indian.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2009, 3:34 am

pensieve wrote:
Autism comes from my dad's side, an Indian.

That should pretty much tear a big hole in that theory. It's probably something that is present in the whole human race.
Just that it got me going on how the world was populated, and the vikings influence in central-eastern europa and the brithish isles.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 3:38 am

I'm probably Germanic.

BadMachine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2009, 3:58 am

Mmm interesting thread and in conjunction with the other thread on talong the same line it got me thinkining.

I recently spent a week with a Norwegian girl who I thought was just making social gaffes with regards statements and comments because English wasn’t her native tongue.

(nb please note that the facility with languages thatall north Europeans seem to have puts most of us to shame )

However, in consideration of the points raised in these two associated threads I would say inthis instance it would be a reasonable assumption to make, but then again I’m no expert to start making a diagnosis.

Vimse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2009, 4:25 am

Am born in Scandinavia and have lived here all my life. My father is scandinavian but my mother is not. Does that make me about 50 %, more than 50 % or 100 % scandinavian?

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 5:07 am

I'm Swe, with roots from poland, white russia and germany. Great mix ey.

:::)

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 5:12 am

Vimse wrote:
Am born in Scandinavia and have lived here all my life. My father is scandinavian but my mother is not. Does that make me about 50 %, more than 50 % or 100 % scandinavian?

what do YOU feel, for ex: I'm born in Sweden, I was raised in a very swedish environment and the people around very Swe. So I have become very swedish in my ways. My parents are Polish but I was born in Swe and raised Swe. I voted more than 50% scan, but I really don't feel like I belong to any nation. I roam.

:::)

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 5:48 am

No Scandinavian here. My heritage is predominantly Celtic, with a decent bit of Italian mixed in.

An Aspie friend of mine is a Polish Ashkenazi Jew, and I would assume no Scandinavian background for him either.

Vimse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2009, 8:41 am

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
what do YOU feel, for ex: I'm born in Sweden, I was raised in a very swedish environment and the people around very Swe. So I have become very swedish in my ways. My parents are Polish but I was born in Swe and raised Swe. I voted more than 50% scan, but I really don't feel like I belong to any nation. I roam.

Thank you for your answer. Feel completely norwegian so voted 100 % scandinavian.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 8:48 am

Orwell wrote:
No Scandinavian here. My heritage is predominantly Celtic, with a decent bit of Italian mixed in.

That only works if you have ancestors from Portugal and Spain, not Great Britain, France and Germany.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog