Police beat innocent man who dies of heart attack

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2009, 4:42 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/0 ... eath-video

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/0 ... test-death

I suppose we should be used to this sort of thing in the uk by now, but it still kinda pisses me off

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 6:52 am

The cops in Canada are just as bad. A month ago, a visitor from the Ukraine was visiting and he was having a meltdown in a Vancouver airport. What did the cops do? They've started to taser him and they wouldn't stop doing it. It seems that you can't trust the cops anymore, no matter which country you live in.

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2009, 10:12 am

There's something odd about all this, if you were pushed by a policemen would you keep your hands in your pockets and walk at the same pace? :?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 2:34 pm

Yes if you not had any self defence martial arts training. It is a deer in the headlights scenario of fight or flight.

I think the police acted appallingly in this case.

That being said never keep your hand in you pocket walking around ti make you more vulnerable. You can't defend yourself or break your fall. You hands are easily trapped in there. They might think you have something in your pockets, etc.

Jenna_Appleseed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2009, 7:06 pm

Uranus wrote:
There's something odd about all this, if you were pushed by a policemen would you keep your hands in your pockets and walk at the same pace? :?

apparent eye-witnesses have come forward claiming he'd been attacked previously to the pushing over shown on the video on the Guardian website, so could easily have already been concussed.

Also if that's isn't true and part of earlier reports was, then he was just trying to walk home through the protests and had no reason to expect the Police to target him (not being one of the protesters/marchers)

It's disgusting the way the police lied both about his death and the actions of the protesters, most of the media too, until The Guardian with the help of it's readers/the Internet got the footage/photographs and accounts out there.

It wasn't just him that was brutally attacked - ordinary people (the ones who weren't there to smash windows and fail to occupy an empty room of a bank) were penned/cordoned in ('kettled') and not allowed to leave for hours - including diabetics needing medicine. and the Climate Camp -which from accounts and the photos was like an middle-class eco-hippy mini festival (only without the chaos and added debates/lectures on Climate change) got a)kettled, b)attacked by riot police using their shields as weapons - there's a video on youtube showing the police pushing them back and starting to attack them - as they stand with their hands up repeating "this is not a riot" :evil: and c)violently cleared from the road (after dark when the journalists/outsiders with cameras had gone home) using batons and setting police dogs on them - even though the key word everybody seemed to be using to describe them was 'fluffy' and they'd been in touch with the authorities before hand and got permission to hold it.

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2009, 11:36 am

Also it now looks like he didn't die of a heart attack but from internal bleeding

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/1 ... st-coroner

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 12:21 pm

aw poor guy, he's just walking home from where ever and that happens.
I've noticed the police have been getting pretty crap recently.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 1:28 pm

The police should enforce the law first by example, beating people to the ground is a crime. I think that if the roles were reversed that a meber of the general public would be arrested and placed in the cells.

I think that the police man in question should be arrested and investigated by some body other than the police force he is from.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 6:51 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The cops in Canada are just as bad. A month ago, a visitor from the Ukraine was visiting and he was having a meltdown in a Vancouver airport. What did the cops do? They've started to taser him and they wouldn't stop doing it. It seems that you can't trust the cops anymore, no matter which country you live in.

Oh, you mean Bob Dziekanski? That was October 14, 2007.
That said, your basic point about how unprofessional the
RCMP has become is entirely correct.

Not at all (like @#!?, when @#!? freezes over) do I approve of the actions
of those policemen; at best they should be dismissed from the force,
at worst they should face a trial for murder either in Canada or in Poland.

Here's the latestfrom CBC News about the Dziekanski inquiry.

Or do you mean someone else. If so, please do post it ASAP.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 10:55 am

I love how cops would rather give speeding tickets and taze anyone who looks at them funny than arrest murderers and rapists. Cops don't get paid commision so I guess that's why they don't waste the energy to make a real difference. Some cops are nice people who care about their community but too many are just power-hungry brutes that just don't care.

18 Apr 2009, 3:18 pm

I don't understand why they pushed the guy down. What was he doing wrong?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 10:39 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
That's happened several times here. Upset people getting tasered, and not stopping. A big one happened at a college, where a student in a library (I believe he was indian, i could be wrong) was tasered by campus security, and they wouldn't stop when students cried out and said to stop. It was caught on camera phone video. :(