Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 6:10 am

What's a good way to build your pecs and biceps?

I'm currently doing sit ups and press ups. I want one or a couple of exercises. I also don't want to have a complex workout routine. Also I don't have any gym equipment.

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2009, 9:14 am

For biceps, I'd recommend doing pull-ups/chin-ups. If you can't do one dead-hang chinup than use an assisted pullup machine at a gym or have a partner hold your feet and help push you up until you can do one on your own. If you don't have gym equipment, you can do curls with a toning cord from Wal-Mart or a heavy object around the house like an industrial 5 gallon bucket filled with water.

When I work out biceps, typically i do some dumbell curls, E-Z bar curls, cable curls, reverse curls, and chinups.

For Pecs, I always make the meat of my workout regular bench presses, incline presses, decline presses, dips, and dumbell flyes.

But if you don't have any equipment, you're probably limited to doing push-ups and dips for chest. Dips are a good chest exercise that really help bring out the lower pecs and build that chest definition that seperates the pecs from the abdominals. Do incline pushups to build the upper pecs and shoulders.

One good overall upper body move is to do handstand pushups against a wall to build the whole upper body. You can walk yourself back up agianst a wall or flip yourself up feet first. I love the way it feels like all the blood rushes to your upper body when you do this move.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 11:25 am

agree: pecs = bench presses; biceps = dumbbell curls

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 12:51 am

Brusilov wrote:
For biceps, I'd recommend doing pull-ups/chin-ups. If you can't do one dead-hang chinup than use an assisted pullup machine at a gym or have a partner hold your feet and help push you up until you can do one on your own. If you don't have gym equipment, you can do curls with a toning cord from Wal-Mart or a heavy object around the house like an industrial 5 gallon bucket filled with water.

When I work out biceps, typically i do some dumbell curls, E-Z bar curls, cable curls, reverse curls, and chinups.

For Pecs, I always make the meat of my workout regular bench presses, incline presses, decline presses, dips, and dumbell flyes.

But if you don't have any equipment, you're probably limited to doing push-ups and dips for chest. Dips are a good chest exercise that really help bring out the lower pecs and build that chest definition that seperates the pecs from the abdominals. Do incline pushups to build the upper pecs and shoulders.

One good overall upper body move is to do handstand pushups against a wall to build the whole upper body. You can walk yourself back up agianst a wall or flip yourself up feet first. I love the way it feels like all the blood rushes to your upper body when you do this move.

Hey thanks I might do dips and chin ups.

I have had results doing a good few months doing sit ups and press ups every second day (well not strictly). I was thinking about doing press ups and sit ups one day, have a days break, then do dips and chin ups then have a days break ....etc
Or I could do them all every second day. :chin: