Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 7:33 pm

I was under the same streetlight twice and it went out and came back on again. The streetlights probably just break.

omega
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2006, 7:34 pm

Funaho wrote:
Can you hear electrical appliances?
Television sets, not from a mile though (and I heard it a lot better 10 years ago, but I am getting old I guess;-) ), but in the same room I always hear the high sound of the horizintal deflection as well as well as the vertical deflection). Also almost all appliances that have a 50hz transformer build in give a very irritating low vibrating noise. I often put sound damping foam in and/or under these appliances, especially in the sleeping room that is needed to be able to get some sleep. And the worst are some light dimmers, I can not even come near some of those, while other people do not even seem to hear it.

I think that is one of the reasons why I feel so much better when sleeping in a tent on a camping in Switserland (for example). The lack of sound it such a relief, and I get an incredible energy boost then!

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 7:35 pm

And I could swear an air freshener threw itself off.

monastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 9:41 pm

Okay, this can be seen as something definately on the weird side. Today, I came home from work to find the computer tower in my bedroom laying on it's side on the floor beside my desk. It didn't fall, nothing was damaged, no person or animal was in my home while I was gone and all of the cables were still connected to the tower. The computer mouse was under a stack of about 7 CD's that I had laying on the desk.

I have no idea why or how this happened. There was nothing else out of place in my home and all of the security locks were untouched (as far as I could tell).

The only thing that came to mind is the last time I used this computer (day before yesterday) I was scanning pictures of great-grandparents and other ancestors' pictures. Many of these pictures are very very old.....perhaps I have "disturbed" one of my ancestors by scanning these pictures? Any Ideas?

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 12:43 am

Nothing too weird has happened to me, but I defintely believe in all this stuff. When I first moved into my house, I slept on a mattress on the floor in my room because my mom had ordered me a new bed but it hadn't come in yet. One night I was laying down, reading a book, when I all of the sudden felt someone sit on my pillow. Thinking it was my sister, I turned around in confusion only to find no one was there. After that I bought a Ouija board, but the replies I kept getting didn't make sense to me. The more I use Ouija boards, the more I'm convinced that they only contact bad spirits. Anyway, I recently found out that a an old man did indeed die in this house. I wonder why we haven't had more experiences then? My sister does claim her closet doors opened once by themselves though...

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2006, 12:49 am

I notice little things to be different all the time and some days I'm dangerously close to convincing myself I'm shifting to ever so slightly different parallel realities from time to time. :)