Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EarthAngel19
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2009, 10:59 pm

I was reading and I happened to look up and noticed that my right hand was in the air. This has happened to me before but I didn't stop and wonder about it like I did tonight. I know it's weird but does anyone else do this?

WaterWater
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2009, 11:41 pm

my hands tend to throw themselves up in the air without me intentionally putting them up there. this usually happens when I am not engaging them in any sort of activity. I guess they feel left out and do their own thing.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 11:49 pm

yes ive had that happen ill whole arm jus in the air for no apparent reason, idk if its just like a reaction in ur body or like a spasm, it doesnt happen to me a lot, but sometimes when it does its very awkward but i jus ignore it and actlike i didnt do it lol,

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 2:23 am

I walk with my left hand held out in front of me a lot. Or with both my arms out like I'm balancing. That's about it though.

Gwen1953
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Apr 2009, 5:12 am

I've found that when I'm talking to someone, my right hand has gone up slightly and the person I'm talking to watches it, thinking I'm using it in a way relevant to what I'm saying. Gesticulating, I suppose. But it's not intentional on my part.

Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2009, 9:10 am

Yeah I do that, I also put my hands up around my chest when im talking to people

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 9:13 am

I usually have my arm in the air when I'm lying down usually while talking or daydreaming.
Thank god I'm not the only one :lol:

RudolfsDad
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2009, 10:22 am

I sometimes drape my arm over the top of my head when I am thinking deeply about something.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 1:08 pm

do not swim at an australian surf beach with lifesavers present.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 1:04 am

millie wrote:
do not swim at an australian surf beach with lifesavers present.

lol.

i would raise my right or left hand while watching tv. i think i did it at school too, because the teachers would ask me if i had a question, and i never did.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 3:41 pm

I raise my left arm sometimes at work when I'm really concentrating on something (I'm right-handed).

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

tonignosis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Apr 2009, 11:00 pm

I will sometimes put my hands/arms into what I call the "prairie dog" position for no apparent reason. I am not aware of it most times, and was just ridiculed for it a couple of nights ago.

I also will put my tongue out when I'm thinking about things, again without realizing it.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2009, 3:45 am

OMG I used to put one arm up in the air for no reason. My brother asked why was I doing that, I said "I can't be bothered putting it down." Wow, didn't realize others did it!

Madfrenchy
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2009, 4:05 am

I often have (at least) one arm in that position like a server... Just I think he is turned and stuck near my stomach (not sure it's understandable !).

« L'important c'est de se sentir heureux, d'extérieure, la vie devient intérieure, son intensité reste la même et vous savez, c'est bizarre où le bonheur de vivre va parfois se nicher. » Blaise Cendrars, Moravagine

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 5:29 am

I also do that butler thing that madfrenchy mentioned but I kind of bend my wrists a bit.
I have a picture from my 16th birthday and I don't know what I'm doing with my arms there.
I look like a right div, my arms are always in daft positions

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2009, 7:56 am

I've had that happen a few times (that I know of) in my sleep; I'd wake up and find my arm in the air for no reason at all - it wasn't like I was dreaming about Nazi Germany or anything like that.