Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2006, 8:05 pm

My husband opened an account with "MYSPACE.COM", he put our wedding picture in his profile, but for some reason left his relationship status as "SINGLE".

Now, a couple of girls have sent emails to this account, requesting to be on his friendship list etc. And have sent emails.

My question, what do people beleive if they get conflicting info. like this on a bio? If I see a picture of someone with their husband or wife i would beleive that was the situation and not contact the person.

What would you think about his relationship status if you saw a marriage picture, but read "Single" as status. Would you contact the person?

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2006, 8:15 pm

I wouldn't think of it as conflicting info necessarily. Depending on the picture he could just be a groomsman or a family member or something.

Plus maybe they think he is divorced and that's the only picture he had (why he wouldn't crop it, I don't know :)).

And some people just plain don't care. You might be surprised, maybe the women contacting him are married themselves!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 8:31 pm

I think people just don't really take any notice of either.

myspace to me people seem to use as a hook up site.. I stated clearly in mine that I am definitly not looking for a relationship but they ignore it and sent me countless PMs about relationships anyway.

Personally if my husband did that I would be pissed off.

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2006, 8:44 pm

What is that site anyway? Ugh, everything I hate about humanity summed up in a gazillion poorly constructed web pages.

Or maybe I was looking at a different site.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 8:49 pm

coded wrote:
What is that site anyway? Ugh, everything I hate about humanity summed up in a gazillion poorly constructed web pages.

Or maybe I was looking at a different site.

I don't know. I just go there for a place to put my photos.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 8:54 pm

All information i consume is put into a section of my mind known as "under consideration" and then it never ever leaves. There are sections of my mind known as "absolute truths" and "undeniable facts" which are as barren as the middle of the sahara. Not only apples, but gravity, god, and penguins are all in the "under consideration" section.

Not to suggest that i don't believe in gravity or apples, but i'm willing to consider their existance. I don't ever consider a piece of information as fact, rather an opinion or interpretation about the world. You have a stronger argument about the existance of something the more opinions you get on it, but that never proves nor disproves that it is true.

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2006, 8:58 pm

Hale Bopp,
Which part would piss you off?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 12:05 am

Well, not so much pissed off but more like, what the heck?

Knowing what that site is mainly used for, and being a keen internet user, what people can get upto would just kind concern me. The fact he put single just comes across as bizzare.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 12:08 pm

Dej, why don't you ask him to just change his marital status? If he objects to that, then I'd say you have something to worry about.

Did you ask him whether it was a mistake or not?

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2006, 1:36 pm

Hey guys!! ! I asked him abou that last night, he said what? I didn't put single...but i made it a point to him that it is single, it is up to him to change it now.

BUT, is he being sneaky? When I asked him to see his MYSPACE account he said"Oh, i have not done much work on it, their is nonthing to see."

When i insisted, he said ok. I had the site up and ready BUT before he took me to the MYSPACE sight he went into his Hotmail and preteneded to be looking for something. As you all know, if you get any mail in your MYSPACE account you get NOTIFICATION in your email . Was he checking to see if he got anything before he took me there?

What is up with this behavior? I cannot figure out if i should be supsious or what!!

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 2:10 pm

I don't know whether he's up to anything or not, but I hope you find out soon!

nerderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2006, 2:48 pm

set up a fake site and try to proposition him then maybe youll fall in love all over again then again dont do anything i just suggested. :D

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 3:18 pm

Dej wrote:
Hey guys!! ! I asked him abou that last night, he said what? I didn't put single...but i made it a point to him that it is single, it is up to him to change it now.

BUT, is he being sneaky? When I asked him to see his MYSPACE account he said"Oh, i have not done much work on it, their is nonthing to see."

When i insisted, he said ok. I had the site up and ready BUT before he took me to the MYSPACE sight he went into his Hotmail and preteneded to be looking for something. As you all know, if you get any mail in your MYSPACE account you get NOTIFICATION in your email . Was he checking to see if he got anything before he took me there?

What is up with this behavior? I cannot figure out if i should be supsious or what!!

I'd be suspicious if I were you 8O

But then, I'm the jealous type...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 9:08 pm

That seems very sneaky.

If it was me I would not stand for it.

Sites like this really annoy me, because it's just so easy to ruin relationships by beinga sneak these days. I would try to give you advice, but I can't as i've never had to deal with this sort of thing before.

The question is, do you want to know? Because if you're happier not knowing what he's upto, I would suggest trying to forget about the site.

Otherwise measures can be taken to see what he's upto. Does he spend alot of time at the computer?

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 9:41 pm

Monk knew someone was cheating on his wife because he took his wedding ring off a lot.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 11:52 am

Dej wrote:

I think it's better to be as least paranoid as possible. Don't suspect him because it's very probable that this is all very innocent. And then you are doing him a disservice.

If it isn't innocent, well, you'll eventually find out it isn't but in the meantime, no need to make both your lives uncomfortable.

There really isn't anything you can do unfortunately. And making your suspicions obvious to him will probably only annoy him and possibly even hurt him because you don't trust him.

Plus, distrusting him, if he is on the verge of cheating, will only drive him away faster.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/