Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jendonatella
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Apr 2009, 10:19 am

Hello.

I am a mother with three sons who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. I myself do not have autism. I do however, enjoy talking to individuals who have the diagnosis; I enjoy reading and learning about Autism; and, I enjoy my son's tremendously. I am 31 and I live in Ohio. I am really puzzled as to the "Awareness" debate. For years, I have wondered why more money is not allocated for the purpose of improving the "Quality of life," for individuals who are diagnosed with autism. I am really frustrated at the large numbers of professionals who are not truly aware of Autism. I believe that if directions, purposes, and or outcomes were re-thought, in terms of what do we do "Now," many individuals who are heading these awareness and research efforts would maybe have a different perspective on "Priority." My children are 10, 8, and 6. In the last 10 years, Ohio has made some advances; however, there still is much to be desired in my state about the types of services offered, the networking and sharing of information with those who are in the "Know," and willingless to get it right. I am not so sure how, but, somewhere someway-someone,,,needs to address and move the many thousands of individuals who are needing the priorities of those making the decisions to do more.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 6:20 pm

Hello, and welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, Jendonatella.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 6:31 pm

Welcome.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Apr 2009, 6:40 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image