Was this girl really interested in me?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 12:21 pm

georgetheaspie wrote:
Hello! :) I'm an eighteen year old aspie and new to this thread.

I am hoping to study psychology in a few months at university, and I went on a day trip to the university I want to go to to take a look around, and get a feeling of the place. It was a special day because all the universities in the country had sent representitives to this university, as a way of promoting their own courses, and therefore, there were loads of A Level students looking for advice. A nice looking, dark haired girl approached me towards the end of the day, as I was standing alone by the Electronics building, and started to chat, asking me what subjects I was studying. I replied and tried to make conversation by asking her what she was studying. She then said to me "I know this is embarrassing, but can I have your number?" I was immediately suspicious because, for years I have considered myself an unattractive geek who will certainly not get girls based on looks (I wear glasses, wollen jumpers over collared shirts, jeans and I don't gell my hair). I peered at her over my glasses and replied "I don't give out my number to strangers", at which point her friend came over as well. :? The girl asked me ''Not even sexy ones?'' to which I replied ''No.'' They then said "Bye sexy" and walked off. I returned home confused , unsure as to whether these girls were making fun of me or whether they really liked me. When I told my mother, she ranted at me for about two hours, telling me how hard it is for girls to ask boys out, and grumbling that I'm "throwing my chances away" and that I could "have had a nice date." Since then, other people have suggested that the girls were teasing me, and that I did the right thing. I don't know what to think, and have no idea what to do in similar situations. What do you all think? :?

I honestly think these girls were teasing you, especially with the way they responded afterwards, trying to make you think you lost an opportunity. If you're mother is like my mother, she'd criticize you no matter what you did, so don't sweat that either. In fact, maybe there are things you shouldn't tell her.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"