Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 6:24 pm

Looking for suggestions on a new tablet style laptop. Must be a tablet with the ability to use fingers for the touch, as I would like to use as aac device also. Looking for something in the US $1000 range. Any advice would be great

So far this is what I have found
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Ultra-Portable&series_name=tx2z_series

roboticalien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2009, 8:15 pm

I have an hptx2525nr. It's a laptop and a tablet. I highly recommend it.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 8:28 pm

roboticalien wrote:
I have an hptx2525nr. It's a laptop and a tablet. I highly recommend it.

Can you use your fingers on the screen to select icons, ect.?

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2009, 12:09 pm

I have a tx2510us. I can use my fingers to select things and all that, although its more of a fingertip then finger pad. With the one you linked ( tx2z) IIRC its multitouch so you can use multiple fingers.

That being siad, the TX line has a long history of having massive heat output, so beware of that. I don't even need a space heater in my room anymore. Kidding, but just be aware that it may not always be a lap suitable laptop.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 11:43 pm

Thanks
I think I am going to get the one I linked to
There are not many tablets in this price range, and I want to be able to use finger, so I think it might be my only option
With the communication software I have, I am hoping I would be able to use the touch for aac speech device sometimes.