Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 3:24 pm

I don't think at this point in time my image is too good. I need to improve on my dress sense quite a lot. Any advice on the kind of clothes that would look cool on a 19 year old male college student? I am about 5'11 1/2 but I have short legs for my height, so any jeans perhaps or clothing that can cover up my short and wide legs?

Another problem is my hair, when I started college almost 3 years ago I can imagine I looked quite dorky with a middle parting. Even though I have been told I have nice hair I am not sure if a middle parting is trendy nowadays? I know in the 90's it was trendy but I don't know about now? It's not my fault though because I have naturely thick hair and a natural middle parting. So any tips on how to make my middle parting look nice and trendy?

Alright another big major issue is that since I have Aspergers Syndrome I have clumsly motor difficulties and I can look awkward or walk with a lumbering stooped gait. This can make me seem quite geeky at times as well.

One of my friends told me 4 years ago that I can looked pissed of without realising it. So this woulden't do my image any favours either. I am also s**t scared when I talk to girls, I don't know why I just am? Well at least if thier girls who I have only met for the first time. I also suffer from bad anxiety as well.

One more thing perhaps some tips as well on how to wash well and smell nice a lot?

I would really appreciate some answers to the question I am asking :)

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 4:18 pm

Well I'm definitely not one with a fashion sense, however I can tell you that you should form your own image, one that you feel comfortable with, regardless if the masses don't find it 'cool'. I know what you mean about being nervous in front of girls, I'm exactly the same, but I only realised too late that a girl will like for who you are and not for who you impersonate.

If anybody gives you tips, then you should follow them, because we can all use some level of improvement however don't become someone you're not comfortable with. Trust me I've been there. Good luck.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Apr 2009, 5:59 pm

you know what nothing says im sexier than a ballcap, throw one on. im a pretty clumsy guy myself and my arms&hands dont look like they belong to me. now that i think of it my legs also look wierd. pull the player card out, what does it say? i cant get da-da-da-da. you rule the globe and its yer party. act like it

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 7:07 pm

you wanna look sharp. but not too sharp. like a business man without a suit or tie. don't dress too casual. you want people to take you seriously.

so..
dress pants light or black, shirt, no tie, and loafers.
ImageImageImage

you might not look like a sexy rebel but at least people will respect you and take you seriously. that's my take on it. i dont't respect jeans. and a sport coat on top to give you a smart casual look

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 10:55 pm

Simple but yet I can't help but be attracted to it.
Go for bangs/fringes over middle parts.
Choose how you want your jeans. Guys these days have them really tight, which is ok but slightly baggy is preferable.