31 Oct 2004, 10:14 am

mines Zelda Ocarina Of Tima

but runners up are mario 64, metal gear solid and resident evil

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2004, 10:20 am

Of all time?

Probably some of the old Commodore 64 games... Rampage, The Last Ninja and Power Drift spring to mind - and Rick Dangerous II.

Non retro - I love the Championship Manager series on PC, and SimCity/Civilization obviously (maps!! !! !! !!). Also Futurama for Xbox is fun...

dunc (who has far too much time on his hands) :nerdy:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2004, 11:15 am

my favourite is a little-known game, requiring much skill and immense powers of determination, will and self-control.

it's called "Turn The Sodding Thing Off".

V

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2004, 12:43 pm

Mine is the Final Fantasy saga, especially FFX.
I also like Minesweeper.

Loy

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2004, 1:04 pm

tom wrote:
mines Zelda Ocarina Of Tima

but runners up are mario 64, metal gear solid and resident evil

Hands down, ZELDA RULES!! !! its nice to know another person who enjoys this series! I am now playing Ocarina of Time for the 50 millionth time. And for all you Zelda haters out there, i should team up w/Link and see who's the fastest to shove a deku nut up your... oops, sorry about that!

I also like the Xbox game Halo, although i can only play it at my friend's house cause i don't have an Xbox.

Hoping to return to Hyrule very soon,
Archmage

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2004, 1:31 pm

I'm not big on video games, but the ones I like are Soul Blade, Soul Calibur 2, and Bloody Roar 2. I generally like fighting games. Also, Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo 2 (a near impossible to find, tetris-like game featuring chibi street-fighter characters).

Quote:

Heheh, I know what you mean, vetivert. My younger brother gets very addicted to videogames. He hardly even spoke to me when he first started playing Halo :roll: .

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2004, 4:09 pm

I'm very partial to RPGs where your character must make moral choices...

Fable, Fallout, Arcanum, Morrowind... that sort of adventure...

Spiderweb software is pretty good...

newt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2004, 1:03 pm

My favourite game of all time is a game called "Chrono Trigger" for the old Super Nintendo. It was a time travelling RPG with lots of different endings depending on how you played it. A close second is "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" also for the Super Nintendo.

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2004, 8:02 pm

Quote:
My favourite game of all time is a game called "Chrono Trigger" for the old Super Nintendo. It was a time travelling RPG with lots of different endings depending on how you played it. A close second is "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" also for the Super Nintendo.

Newt,

You have excellent taste. I still own both of those games, and they're two of the best that came out on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

My three personal favorites are all on the original Playstation. They're Grandia, Star Ocean: The Second Story, and Dragon Warrior VII. The three games are great for such different reasons that it's difficult to call one better than the others.

gavrod
Raven
Raven

03 Nov 2004, 8:55 am

My personal favorite games are mostly real time strategy and sporting simulations. Age of Empires 2, Age Of Mythology, Sim City 4 and Microsoft Links 2003 are among my favourites.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2004, 8:28 pm

In my opinion the zelda series are nothing short of perfect.

My favs are OoT and Majora's Mask.

Many people trash majora's mask, saying there aren't enough dungeons. But to me the amount of work that's gone into that game is astounding, all the side quests, the people actually walk places, and don't just disappear after a certain time.

My favourite character is kafei, and in OoT, Nabooru.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2004, 2:50 am

Sim City 4 is pretty fun...

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2004, 3:47 pm

Quote:

I should know; my favorite pastime is to spend hours making the most efficient city ever created, then use the natural disaster tool for total destruction. sometimes, when im really ticked off, i'll load up an old city and destroy it completely. i also enjoy the Command and Conquer game Red Alert 2. The war tech inside it is fantastic!

You know, never, in all my life as a hardcore gamer, did i realize just how popular the Legend of Zelda games are until now. i thought that only the few people i happened to meet were fans. now, i know better. there are thousands of people like me who are waiting to get home so they can play their favorite LoZ game. Even hale bopp has Link as her avatar, and she lives in New Zealand. i would just like to register the fact that i am truly astonished.

Quote:
Many people trash majora's mask, saying there aren't enough dungeons. But to me the amount of work that's gone into that game is astounding, all the side quests, the people actually walk places, and don't just disappear after a certain time.

My favourite character is kafei, and in OoT, Nabooru.

That is the exact same reason i like MM. i especially like the Kafei-Anju sequence, where you have to reunite Kafei and Anju to get the Couple's Mask (one of 24 you have to collect to finish the game). My favorite part in this sequence is when Link and Kafei are infiltrating the hideout of Sakon the Thief, trying to get Kafei's wedding mask. Kafei steps on a switch that starts a conveyor belt that sends the mask slowly toward a bottomless pit. Link and Kafei team up to get to the pit before the mask does. the best part is when you take control of Kafei to solve the three logic puzzles to open the door for Link. when this first happened, i said "It's about time somebody besides Link is the hero!"

In OoT, my favorite part is the battle with the witches Twinrova, two witch sisters that happen to be Ganon's surrogate mothers. Koume is skilled with using Fire spells, and Kotake prefers the Ice element. Fire melts Ice, but Ice melts into water, which puts out Fire. Thus said, you have to use a mirror-like shield obtained earlier to reflect one witch's spell on her sister, and vice versa. then they combine to form Twinrova, an ugly sorceress that controls both elements. If one of her spells hits the mirror shield, it will be absorbed by the shield. collect three spells of the same element, and the mirror shield will overload and shoot the energy back at Twinrova, stunning her so you can use your sword on her. you just have to be careful not to collect Fire, then Ice (or vice versa). If that happens, the elements will conflict themselves, resulting in an explosion of energy that will both burn and freeze Link, which is not good for his health.
After the battle, the funniest thing happens. the witches die, and come back briefly as ghosts. this is the dialogue that they have before they go to the afterlife...

KOUME: let me at him! i can still get him from here!

(a bright light appears around them, and halos appear on their heads.)

KOTAKE: Hey Koume, what's that over your head?

KOUME: I don't know, but you've got one too!

(They stare at each other in silence, realizing what has happened)

KOTAKE: But i'm only 400 years old!

KOUME: But i'm only 380 years old!

KOTAKE: Don't lie about your age! we're twins, how could you be younger?

KOUME: Shut up, you old buzzard!

KOTAKE: Old buzzard yourself!

(They continue to squabble until they are drawn into the afterlife.)

My least favorite part is the battle versus Dark Link. as you can guess, this shadowy reflection of Link mirrors his evey move so accuratly that it is almost impossible to damage him. he also has a nasty attack where he jumps on your sword, stabs you with his, and jumps off, breaking your lock-on. this guy is so ANNOYING!

Hoping to return to Hyrule very soon...
Archmage

we will make it through,

"Code Lyoko" Theme

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2004, 6:26 pm

Archmage wrote:
Quote:

That is the exact same reason i like MM. i especially like the Kafei-Anju sequence, where you have to reunite Kafei and Anju to get the Couple's Mask (one of 24 you have to collect to finish the game). My favorite part in this sequence is when Link and Kafei are infiltrating the hideout of Sakon the Thief, trying to get Kafei's wedding mask. Kafei steps on a switch that starts a conveyor belt that sends the mask slowly toward a bottomless pit. Link and Kafei team up to get to the pit before the mask does. the best part is when you take control of Kafei to solve the three logic puzzles to open the door for Link. when this first happened, i said "It's about time somebody besides Link is the hero!"

In OoT, my favorite part is the battle with the witches Twinrova, two witch sisters that happen to be Ganon's surrogate mothers. Koume is skilled with using Fire spells, and Kotake prefers the Ice element. Fire melts Ice, but Ice melts into water, which puts out Fire. Thus said, you have to use a mirror-like shield obtained earlier to reflect one witch's spell on her sister, and vice versa. then they combine to form Twinrova, an ugly sorceress that controls both elements. If one of her spells hits the mirror shield, it will be absorbed by the shield. collect three spells of the same element, and the mirror shield will overload and shoot the energy back at Twinrova, stunning her so you can use your sword on her. you just have to be careful not to collect Fire, then Ice (or vice versa). If that happens, the elements will conflict themselves, resulting in an explosion of energy that will both burn and freeze Link, which is not good for his health.
After the battle, the funniest thing happens. the witches die, and come back briefly as ghosts. this is the dialogue that they have before they go to the afterlife...

KOUME: let me at him! i can still get him from here!

(a bright light appears around them, and halos appear on their heads.)

KOTAKE: Hey Koume, what's that over your head?

KOUME: I don't know, but you've got one too!

(They stare at each other in silence, realizing what has happened)

KOTAKE: But i'm only 400 years old!

KOUME: But i'm only 380 years old!

KOTAKE: Don't lie about your age! we're twins, how could you be younger?

KOUME: Shut up, you old buzzard!

KOTAKE: Old buzzard yourself!

(They continue to squabble until they are drawn into the afterlife.)

My least favorite part is the battle versus Dark Link. as you can guess, this shadowy reflection of Link mirrors his evey move so accuratly that it is almost impossible to damage him. he also has a nasty attack where he jumps on your sword, stabs you with his, and jumps off, breaking your lock-on. this guy is so ANNOYING!

Hoping to return to Hyrule very soon...
Archmage

Yep, I loved being able to play as kafei, even if it was just a little while. Did you know you can sneak into sakons hideout if you get there too late? It's a glitch, you can roll through one of the cracks in the side.

Twinrova is by far the most enjoyable boss to fight. If you want something to do, try killing them with just one type of attack, lol. throughout the battle I killed them oth with just ice attacks, and they still died. It was funny.

Once you manage to hit Darklink once with the sword, use the hammer, he won't stand a chance. He can't mirror your moves as he doesn't have a hammer. :)

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2004, 7:47 pm

Quote:
Once you manage to hit Darklink once with the sword, use the hammer, he won't stand a chance. He can't mirror your moves as he doesn't have a hammer. :)

Thanks, but i already beat him. it was a close battle, too. i had full health and three fairies, and i was just about dead afterwards(two hearts and no fairies). i didn't use any strategy, i just hacked and slashed and hoped for a lucky hit. at least i was careful not to try to stab him; that's the only time he can use his Jump-on-Master-Sword/Stab attack.

I'll remember that next time :twisted: ...
Archmage

we will make it through,

"Code Lyoko" Theme

animefreak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2004, 8:01 pm

Civet wrote:
I'm not big on video games, but the ones I like are Soul Blade, Soul Calibur 2, and Bloody Roar 2. I generally like fighting games. Also, Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo 2 (a near impossible to find, tetris-like game featuring chibi street-fighter characters).

Quote:

Heheh, I know what you mean, vetivert. My younger brother gets very addicted to videogames. He hardly even spoke to me when he first started playing Halo :roll: .

well i guess he is already on Halo 2 then :) :lol: