Never have been bullied at school before

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 10:25 am

I never was physically bullied, but I can distinctly remember walking down the hallway in high school, and it was my junior or senior year, and this one guy, one of the most popular, called me a word that starts with a wh and ends in ore. He didn't just do it once, but over an over again. I never felt so humiliated until I joined the military of course. Now a days, if someone did that, I'd stop and look at them and say something like, "Do I look like your mama?" Most of the time, it was guys who were popular who acted disgusted by my presence. Other than that, I never really had any bullies. BTW, all the ones in that group that I've seen since high school, since I've lost weight and read some beauty magazines, all of the ones I ran into (I still have a list of those I haven't seen since high school) were on their knees wanting me to go out with them. Hahahahaha. Kharma's a b***h ain't it?

But by the time my senior year rolled around, i went on a big kick on bullying those who bully me and my friends. I remember this guy used to follow my sister around calling her the nbomb lovin wh word mentioned previously. Her best friend was the one who told me about it. I confronted the redneck and asked him if he was doing that, and he said yes. Then I cussed him out with the f-word being every other word, and I threatened him and his family and his future family, and I did so very loud in the hallway next to his locker. The principal came up to us, tapped me on the shoulder interrupting my profanity, and then asked me if that guy was bothering me. I said it wasn't anything I couldn't handle myself, and then he asked me to handle it quieter because my choice words were bothering some of the teachers in the teacher's lounge. Then I said, I think I just made my point clear enough. And, that guy never bothered my sister again.

Now, while I do sound like a hero here, I did have my bad bullying moments. Some of the 4.0 students were messing with me. Of course, being the Aspie I am, it only took one of them for me to think the whole group was feeling that way about me. Since I don't remember what they did to me exactly, I still wonder if any one of them were really messing with me or I just misunderstood it. Either way, I got mad about it in computer class and then saved a screensaver to say all their names and some sort of insult, and it might of been that they could all kiss my something or something like that. The computer teacher was a sweet little old lady who didn't realize it was done until those kids saw it and informed her. She was a typing teacher, and mind you, this was back when Prodigy was THE INTERNET for my area at least. I think my dad paid over 3,000 dollars for the computer we had back then, and cell phones were an actual car phone with an antenna on the outside of the car. Anyway, I'm sure she didn't know how to figure who did it, and I am sure one of the 4.0 students (I know for a fact) was more than capable of figuring it out, but it wasn't something I wasn't going to claim with pride. Either way, it was a big deal, and I did hurt many people's feelings. I know because in the senior wills, they all left me wallpaper (even though it was a screensaver). What's worse, one of the people I listed on there was the first person who was nice to me at that school. Then for whatever reason, I think she was scared of me after that because I did go around threatening to beat people up regularly (I didn't actually get into a fight until barfights), but only people who were actual bullies themselves. I never wanted to beat her up because she was nice to me (or that group because they were a bunch of nerds who don't fight), but I didn't want to hurt her feelings like that or cause her to be scared of me. I have no idea what I was thinking that day. Maybe it was one of those days I snuck some vodka in a water bottle.

Now with age, I'm learning the best way to fight fire is with love and compassion, not more fire (though it isn't anywhere near as much fun as playing with fire). That way is a much safer way for me to make sure I get the right bad guy this time type of thing. But if I must use fire, at least I've learned how to use it in my favor to an extent.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 4:58 pm

I was bullied in school, starting in Elementary School. In my 5th grade year, I was so terrified to go to school I pretended to be sick as often as I could. On the days that I did go to school, I often ended up in the nurse´s office with an anxiety stomach ache- (although, I guess part of the problem was that I was an undiagnosed celiac). I vaguely remember having quite a few confusing social interactions which I didn´t understand. In the 5th grade, the 2 girls who I thought were my 2 best friends suddenly told me one day to get lost and that they didn´t want me hanging around them ever again. The bullying continued in Junior High, and I was beaten up a few times. When people beat me up, I would just stand there...it was like I did not know what to do! So, I guess I was a really easy target.

One day, I was walking down the hall in the Junior High, and a girl who was passing by had a stone or a brick or something in her hand, and she lopped it against my face. Not only was that incredibly painful, but the sheer element of surprised knocked the wind out of me. Another girl came up to me and she said sympathetically "oh, you poor thing, did that girl hurt you?" When I said "yes", she suddenly gave an evil laugh and said "haha, good, because I hate your f-ck-ng guts!" I never understood these things, because I was a total pacifist, and never did anyone any harm...I always had good intentions. Violence seems to be one of those "natural" human qualities that does NOT seem to come naturally to me...another reason why I seem to be different from most of humanity. When people bullied me, I would pretty much turn the other cheek.

I think one of the reasons why I was bullied so much was that not only was I socially very naive, but I was also one of the smallest kids in class. Another bad luck problem for me was that I developed early, so the sexual teasing and harassment started at age 11. Like some have mentioned, my way of dealing with many of these problems was to block it out and just go on.

One of the things that shocked me about the bullying, though, was how helpless and ineffectual the teachers seemed to be. I think the worst thing a teacher can say- and what ALL my teachers said- in the Elementary School, was "oh, just ignore him/her. They´ll stop if you ignore them". I took the teacher´s advice literally, and ignored people that I really shouldn´t have! Once again, I was an easy target. I learned finally that teachers wouldn´t help, so I was alone with my problems. I´m not sure why adults seem to feel it necessary to leave kids to work out these problems alone...I mean, a little guidance would be helpful, no matter if your´re AS or NT, the victim or the bully. People need to learn.

If you´ve never been bullied, you´re lucky! Though, I guess we all have our various challenges. As for me, I often try to avoid these threads...I just don´t really like to "go there" anymore...

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2009, 5:06 pm

If I wasn't diagnosed when I was young, I would never have been diagnosed in the future.
I lost almost all my autistic traits.
I can function with no problems.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 5:46 pm

AlMightyAl wrote:
If I wasn't diagnosed when I was young, I would never have been diagnosed in the future.
I lost almost all my autistic traits.
I can function with no problems.

You don't know that, when I was young I had no problem with most things and I was very hyperactive and very talkative a "normal" kid but as I grew older I became more sensitive to light and sound and I started having bad ass migraines cuz of stress, school and life at home.

Never say never.

:::)

Nordic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2009, 6:56 pm

Morgana wrote:

I never understood these things, because I was a total pacifist, and never did anyone any harm...I always had good intentions. Violence seems to be one of those "natural" human qualities that does NOT seem to come naturally to me...another reason why I seem to be different from most of humanity. When people bullied me, I would pretty much turn the other cheek.

I often think along these same lines as a result of the bullying I went through a few years ago. I see these internet fight videos where people are acting like animals and pummeling one another over stupid stuff and I really can't think of anything a person could do or say to me to drive me into such a rage. I'm not an animal and I'm not going to allow anyone to provoke me into acting like one. THe problem with that philosophy, however, as I so painfully learned, is that some people will view that as cowardice and an invitation to continue the bullying rather than a sign of maturity and taking the high road.

As a result of what I went through, though, I'm beginning to think that sometimes violence is the answer.

N

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 8:01 pm

Nordic wrote:
Morgana wrote:

I never understood these things, because I was a total pacifist, and never did anyone any harm...I always had good intentions. Violence seems to be one of those "natural" human qualities that does NOT seem to come naturally to me...another reason why I seem to be different from most of humanity. When people bullied me, I would pretty much turn the other cheek.

I often think along these same lines as a result of the bullying I went through a few years ago. I see these internet fight videos where people are acting like animals and pummeling one another over stupid stuff and I really can't think of anything a person could do or say to me to drive me into such a rage. I'm not an animal and I'm not going to allow anyone to provoke me into acting like one. THe problem with that philosophy, however, as I so painfully learned, is that some people will view that as cowardice and an invitation to continue the bullying rather than a sign of maturity and taking the high road.

As a result of what I went through, though, I'm beginning to think that sometimes violence is the answer.

N

SAME HERE! If I had a time machine, one of the first things I would do is go back to when I was 5 or 6 and tell myself how the pacifism was more hated and ridiculed than anything, and how I should just keep in form, and attack any bully that even STARTED with me, I didn't really start to feel THAT adamant unttil just before I left highschool. AND, you know what folks!! !! !! !! Those bullies are ALL OVER! MOST don't attack physically, and maybe not even directly emotionally, but they DO attack!