Never have been bullied at school before

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jimmister
Raven
Raven

14 Apr 2009, 3:19 pm

Okay, I am one of the lucky few aspies who never been bullied at school that I know of my entire life. Maybe I have been bullied a bit online, but this doesn't really matter to me. And, I just hate having the "more of a chance of being bullied and abused" title.

Firechick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Apr 2009, 3:31 pm

Lucky bum you are!

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 3:47 pm

I was only bullied a few times in school (once is more than enough!) But just wait until you've spent a few years in the workforce. You ain't met a bully, 'till you meet one with the authority to fire you!

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 3:57 pm

Lucky you.

It went back & forth for me. If I tried to be outgoing, I got bullied to the point where I'd withdraw & keep quiet. Then the bullying would stop, until I put myself back out there again. Barely said a word throughout high school, but wasn't bullied either.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 4:05 pm

You are very lucky indeed.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 4:08 pm

lucky so-and-so! :evil:
I've always been the easy target, hopefully it will be better in college

willa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 4:27 pm

Boy =/. Ya. Lucky. How are you bullied online?
I dont recall anything in grade school/junior high. But i ended up leaving high school because of it. I did go to college and it was much different. Nothing like high school, lot better.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 5:08 pm

You must be big and strong or scary for some reason. They must have just been too scared of you. It's the only way someone who's different doesn't get bullied.

14 Apr 2009, 7:28 pm

Lucky. I've been bullied. It started when I was in early elementary school. It wasn't much when I was six and seven simply because I was in special ed full time so everyone knew I was one of the special kids. When I got put in regular ed, it started. Then it was very bad by sixth grade. Then it stopped when we moved to Montana.

There is another member here who said he wasn't bullied because his father was a teacher in his school.

Luckily I wasn't beaten up. I got told because I was a girl but I think maybe it was because I was tall for my age so it be hard for them to beat me up. It probably would have started if we stayed living in Washington and my parents kept me in public school.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 7:37 pm

I was bullied in grade school, not highschool. My son was in public school until grade 5 and the kids were awesome to him. It was the adults we had the issues with. :roll: Now he's homeschooled and he's doing awesome.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 8:10 pm

Wow, you're very lucky! Being bullied is not something I would wish on anyone.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 8:12 pm

I was bullied by this big guy in high school, I think he liked me because he kept hitting me between the legs gently as he wanted to feel whatever I had down there. Anyways I could see in his eyes that he was very sad and I could notice a certain glimpse of chaos within him, he had crazy eyes. One day we got into a fight he hit me and I pretended to hit him and I punched in the air in front of his face deliberately because even though I know how to fight, I have this inner voice telling me "NO!". After our clash I took a look at him and thought; Something bad is going to happen to you...

6 months ago I found out he had developed a major cocaine addiction, built up a huge debt, fled to Spain but they found him and hanged him by the neck with fishing lines.

I do not wish to speak ill of the dead, but facts are facts and karma is a b***h.

:::)

theQuail
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Apr 2009, 8:18 pm

You are very lucky indeed. :D I've hardly been bullied compared to most of the members of this site, but that was more than enough.
Do you look strong or confident? I think it is essential to look strong or put up a confident facade to avoid bullying, especially for an awkward-aspie type. (Not that that will help in every case, but it often should.)

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 8:53 pm

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
I was bullied by this big guy in high school, I think he liked me because he kept hitting me between the legs gently as he wanted to feel whatever I had down there. Anyways I could see in his eyes that he was very sad and I could notice a certain glimpse of chaos within him, he had crazy eyes. One day we got into a fight he hit me and I pretended to hit him and I punched in the air in front of his face deliberately because even though I know how to fight, I have this inner voice telling me "NO!". After our clash I took a look at him and thought; Something bad is going to happen to you...

6 months ago I found out he had developed a major cocaine addiction, built up a huge debt, fled to Spain but they found him and hanged him by the neck with fishing lines.

I do not wish to speak ill of the dead, but facts are facts and karma is a b***h.

Wow, that's quite a story. I never knew what became of the different people that bullied me over the years. You should write an actual story about it, I would read it, for one.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 8:57 pm

I just had a few people hating me at school for no apparent reason. I once got into a fight with some boys when I was like 5 but that was it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 9:00 pm

jimmister wrote:
Okay, I am one of the lucky few aspies who never been bullied at school that I know of my entire life. Maybe I have been bullied a bit online, but this doesn't really matter to me. And, I just hate having the "more of a chance of being bullied and abused" title.

That is good news and it is bad news. It is good news because you have not been subject to the pain of oppression by bullies. It is bad news because you have not had to learn how to cope with being bullied. My adaptation was to learn to fight very dirty. After I broke some arms my tormentors finally let me be.

Every blow that does not break my back or kills me makes me stronger.

ruveyn