Where Family Guy went wrong (answer may surprise you)

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Katie_WPG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2009, 12:11 am

Conway Twitty was good the first two times they did it in the series, but the latest one was just too damn much. Who needs 4 whole minutes of it?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 6:18 am

All shows eventually run out of material.

Robin Williams said, "When all else fails, go for the d*ck joke."

The problem is that people get tired of non-stop d*ck jokes.

Family Guy is running out of ideas. Simpsons had a similar dry spell, but I think they got past it...and they aren't focusing on cranking out episodes faster than they can make new material.

American Dad was funny at first, but now that that the Democrats are in power, a lot of the humor of the show has had to shift, and it's just not working like it did when the Republicans were in office (most of the show was based on pop culture and political humor).

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 7:57 am

I think that family guy is still a great show and I watch it all the time. I like the simpsons but I prefer family guy because I like how they don't care what they joke about. I agree though that the jokes might go slightly too far sometimes but it's still funny. I don't like how lately they've changed the character Stewie into a gay joke. It was amusing watching him fail miserably at killing his mother all the time. :twisted: :lol:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 10:18 am

i re-discovered south park lately. 13 seasons, and MOST of it is absolutely awesome.

TielPearce
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2009, 10:34 pm

gemstone123 wrote:
I think that family guy is still a great show and I watch it all the time. I like the simpsons but I prefer family guy because I like how they don't care what they joke about. I agree though that the jokes might go slightly too far sometimes but it's still funny. I don't like how lately they've changed the character Stewie into a gay joke. It was amusing watching him fail miserably at killing his mother all the time. :twisted: :lol:

I agree. Exactly my point. This is the response I want. It is refreshing knowing I am not the only one who has the same strong feelings about Stewie's personality switch.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 8:11 am

Stewie is no longer evil? More interested in being gay than killing his mother and achieving world domination? 8O

I'm glad I haven't seen it in a year or two.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 10:07 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
i re-discovered south park lately. 13 seasons, and MOST of it is absolutely awesome.

Yeah, it sure is.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 1:44 pm

Family guy was always great. Filler jokes like conway twitty make me laugh from just pure randomness. Repeatin jokes (for example, when peter falls over. "ssssss. aaaaaahhh. sssssss.aaaaahhhh.) Completely random jokes entertain, and so do the mean jokes. The episode where (Stopppin spoilers) ****** K*lls l***, and stewie calls brian a dick. The fact that he's gay i find is much more entertain then bein an evil genius, because as a genius, he made little time for jokes, just continuin plots, and was never funny.

Master_Shake
Toucan
Toucan

24 Apr 2009, 6:58 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
No, family guy is written by manatees... better get used to it...

Remember that time I had tea with Mohamed?

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2009, 10:54 am

More Gross humor and less witty punchlines like they used to have.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

TMB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 May 2019, 2:44 pm

hey well i love family guy i think its hilarious famly guy should get love not hate it shouldent have been candled 5 times

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 8:07 pm

Seth MacFarlane is a pretentious douchebag and his movies and tv shows all SUCK! Especially Family Guy!

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 4:01 pm

...Please describe/link to these Conway Twitty jokes! 8O

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 4:12 pm

This thread was started ten years ago. You last three posters are replying to posts made ten years ago.

Funny thing is that they were talking about a series going down hill after a long run ...ten years ago...and the show is still on the air!

Since you asked:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 4:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
This thread was started ten years ago. You last three posters are replying to posts made ten years ago.

Funny thing is that they were talking about a series going down hill after a long run ...ten years ago...and the show is still on the air!

Since you asked:

...Thank you! :)
I didn't see the dates you mention

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 8:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Since you asked:

Just because they haven't put the show out of its misery yet that doesn't make it a good show. There seems to be a lot of shows just like it nowadays like The Simpsons and Spongebob.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.