Have you ever stolen anything ???

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 10:09 pm

Yes, and I got nearly instant Karma. I honestly don't know why I did it, I guess I just wanted to steal something.

My husband and I went to the Big Easy, New Orleans for vacation. I wanted to get a map ahead of time to just look at and be excited over. So, I went to Books-A-Million. I found a travel guide book for New Orleans, it had a map tucked into the inside of a clear cover protector. There was no bar code on the map, it was only on the guide book. So, I knew I wouldn't set off the theft alarm and I stole it.

Fast forward to our trip: I am the navigator and we keep going the exact opposite direction on every single turn. We fought the entire first 5 days with my husband saying, "what's wrong with you? Can't you read a map?!"

The map had been transposed on the paper. It was flipped the wrong way and so the city layout on it was the opposite of the actual city. He believes in Karma too, so I told him what I did (stole the map). He said, "you got what you deserved!" So, we bought a map and had a decent last two days. But, I had ruined a great deal of the trip by the fighting over my backward navigation.

NEVER stole again!

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 11:14 pm

Anything?
Kinda.
Once or twice in retaliation with a sibling who first took what was mine.
But rarely for sure.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 4:55 pm

Yes, but such incidents happened during my middle school years.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 4:57 pm

Only hearts.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 5:03 pm

^ give it back

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 5:08 pm

I stole something worth 45p from work on Wednesday because I felt disrespected and wanted to stick it to the man.
How petty is that? Also stupid.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 9:00 pm

For one year, I took aikido lessons without paying. It charged 700 dollars. Instructor found out and told me to pay "some change", every lesson. Henceforth. No 911 , trespassing, or lawsuit :roll:

Stole candy from gas station

Stole naan

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 9:09 pm

I've never stolen anything, not even a candy bar from a grocery store as a kid or anything. I have a bad memory, but I'm usually a super strict rule-follower, so I think it would stand out in my memory if I had.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 10:05 pm

Not above stealing. :lol: Stolen quite plenty as a child and teen.

The former because I didn't knew better, possibly deprived and just being selfish.
The latter because it was some weird prospect of wanting and learning how to get away with things.

So heck yes, I'm no saint.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 11:25 pm

I stole a Union Jack from Save on Foods two years ago, the beginning of this month. I didn't realize that I stole it until I went in there in the evening with my friends, three days later. There was a sign in front of the small tin filled with the paper flags that read, "Two Dollars Each."

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 11:27 pm

I stole HTML to make my website.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Aug 2019, 11:06 am

Only once. In my early 20's I was trying to have a lot of new experiences, do things I'd never usually do. So one time I decided to steal a shot glass from a nightclub I was in, just to see what it was like. It was easy, and kind of boring, so I just checked stealing off my list of experiences and never bothered with it again.

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2019, 4:27 pm

I have accidentally stolen things.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 3:02 am

Only in video games. And in some of them I've been quite prolific in that regard.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Aug 2019, 6:44 am

I steal music & videos online all the time. I don't consider pirating stealing but the media industry considers it theft even thou all I'm doing is copying/cloning stuff I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise instead of actually taking a physical product or money away from someone.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rapplepop
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2019, 1:20 am

Yeah, I've shoplifted a few times, and I used to steal money from my parents' wallet. Not proud of it.

Now that I've worked though, I would never steal from someone again. I've come to realize that money is difficult to earn, making $11 an hour.