Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 1:43 pm

Which phenomena do you believe in?
I believe in mental telepathy because I've experienced it.
I don't believe people can predict the future. They say that the government actually uses remote viewers but who knows?
What do you guys think? That guy "John Edwards" was such an artist in BULL...he claimed to talk to the dead. He's probably a multimillionaire due to people's gullibility and desparation.
People really go for that stuff! You see these shows on TV with the police using psychics to find bodies but you don't really know if it's true or not. What about Natalie Holloway? I can't even begin to "imagine" the pain her mother feels. These psychics can't give her closure. If the police can grab the circle involved in her disappearance and sit them in with telepaths, they might be able to get some truth out of them...or give them "truth serum"? Does anyone know the chemical name for it and does it work? I know I go off-topic but I'm in the right website for this...ain't I?

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 1:46 pm

"Truth serum" is sodium pentathol. To quote the Wikipedia article: "A truth drug (or truth serum) is a psychoactive drug used to attempt to obtain information from an unwilling subject, often by a police, intelligence, or military organization. The use of truth drugs is classified as a form of torture according to international law." So no, they couldn't give it to anyone against their will.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 3:00 pm

I don't really believe in any such phenomena, on the testimony of a number of people I trust. For example, Arthur C Clarke was once a major proponent of the paranormal, so much so he wrote novels about it and eventually started a tv program to investigate such matters. Encountering first hand material on these matters, he came away a complete sceptic.