Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 9:11 pm

my cat is sneezing a lot and I don't think it's a respiratory infection because she doesn't have any discharge from her eyes or nose. She's sneezing up to 5 or 6 times in a row most times and she's sleeping right now and making a whistling sound as she's breathing. It's kinda like when you need to blow your nose and you have that whistle that bugs you and other people...yeah, like that

Is there anything OTC that I can get her or do for her to make it better? Can cats get seasonal allergies?

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 10:28 pm

That doesn't sound good. Get her to a vet. Petsmart used to do low-cost vet service -- check to see if they still do.

It's normal for a cat to sneeze once in a long while, but not as often as your cat is. Also, with your cat's history (I'm assuming this is the same one that belonged to your neighbor), you probably want to get her checked out anyway -- goodness only knows what that guy subjected her to.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 10:31 pm

Allergens.
Dental infection.
Nasal blockage/foreign object.
Resp. infection.
All possibilities, and more.

Get to vet as soon as you can.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 10:57 pm

yeah, the vet said that if she's not having and eye or nasal discharge, it's probably nothing to worry about. I just want to make her more comfortable.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 11:17 pm

digger1 wrote:
yeah, the vet said that if she's not having and eye or nasal discharge, it's probably nothing to worry about. I just want to make her more comfortable.

Oh, you didn't say you'd taken her to the vet.

If it's allergies, don't smoke around her and get an air purifier. Keep her indoors, keep the windows shut, and run the air conditioning. Make sure the a/c filter has been changed recently. Dust with something that will grab the dirt, not just scatter it, and vaccuum. Basically, you want to eliminate as many allergens as possible from her environment.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 12:34 am

might be the litter you are using, some can be to dusty, my ferrets will sneeze from scented litter