Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

20 Apr 2009, 12:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
do you have to go to the clubhouse?

It's a toss-up. I could go to the clubhouse, ignore that woman and be with my friends, or I could stay home and catch up with my friends in the evening. I'd much rather go to the clubhouse and ignore that B**** than be isolated and deal with memories of being attacked by someone who used to post here.

I would have just picked a fight with her and try and insult her back and keep trying to egg her on to say more mean stuff to me.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 8:09 pm

serenity wrote:
Sounds to me like this woman is just a nasty person who spews her venom at everyone she can. Some people just let their hate, and negativity consume them to the point that they're overflowing with it. When I encounter people like that I'm just thankful that I'm not like them. One time, I asked someone who was behaving like the lady in your clubhouse " How does it feel to be so mean, and spiteful wallowing in hate all the time?". (I don't know if those were my exact words, but it's close anyway.) It will usually make women shut up, because women tend to value love, and nurturing qualities, and when you point out that they are essentially being 'unladylike' they're embarrassed.

In any event, CockneyRebel, I hope that this woman's behavior doesn't hinder you in enjoying time with your friends.

That sounds like a much better solution than I suggested.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 9:44 pm

Always sprinkle sugar on your words, you never know if you are going to have to eat them. . .

I have found it far easier to take the high road. It gives you moral ground to stand on while they do their worst. Other people will notice it is them being nasty, not you; that it is their high piercing voice that is hurting their ears, not yours. Ask them if they can restrain themselves as the other people in the room don't need the stress.

And I launch no zingers, I let other people think up their own. Sometimes the other people launch the unsaid but obvious zinger and by that time, you have public opinion on your side.

the best part about this is it drives. them. bonkers! and they can't lay a glove on you.

my friends say this is because I am sadistic. I think it is because I don't think it's fair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed bi-otch.

Merle

jabub
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2017, 12:02 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I guess that's common for us aspies. I thought I was being singled out, but when I've heard that she dumped one of my best friends and told her to find a shrink, I went, "Wow!"

Seriously try and record people like her and get her reprimanded or dismissed.She is abusive and is abusing her position.You nor anyone else has to tolerate that.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 1:25 pm

CockneyRebel,

This woman really sounds nasty. If the other people there are nice, continue going to the meetings. I hope that people realize how toxic she is to the atmosphere of that meeting and kick her out.