Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 5:36 pm

I find that some people treat me like a dog for no reason that I'm aware of. Not all people, but there are a few. There's one member at my clubhouse who absolutely despises me, and she ordered me in a snappy tone to shut up and let her talk. It happened on Thursday during a clubhouse planning meeting, and she treats a few other people like that as well, when they interrupt her. I've also found out two days later, that she told a friend of mine that she doesn't know about me. I think this woman is scared of me, because I'm not mainstream like the rest of society and also the rest of the members at my clubhouse. The only other thing that I did that day, was make up a song about how Autism Speaks does not speak for me, while I was in the kitchen making my afternoon tea. This catty woman is the type of person who's into therapies that "change the brain". She's even said that at the end of the planning meeting. I've quipped, "Let's celebrate Autism Acceptance Month, as well!" I think that ticked her off, and that's why she told that one friend of mine that she doesn't know about me two times in a row, and than she dumped that same person, because she has suicidal tendencies. I guess that this beioch treats everybody like a dog. Does that happen to anybody else here, or is it just me. Maybe that woman is holding onto the old me, from a time when I liked the 1960s and I actually was into mainstream society.

19 Apr 2009, 5:55 pm

I sometimes get treated like a child. It was more in high school but now it's a lot less now that I am an adult and I have less contact with people. It has happened at the last AB/DL gathering and it's happened at one of the aspie gatherings.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 6:00 pm

I guess that's common for us aspies. I thought I was being singled out, but when I've heard that she dumped one of my best friends and told her to find a shrink, I went, "Wow!"

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 6:08 pm

In this world, those who look for answers turn out like that.

Stick with acceptance and coming up with better questions.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 Apr 2009, 6:25 pm

do you have to go to the clubhouse?

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 6:31 pm

She does indeed sound like a b*#@!h.

My dog treats me like another dog sometimes, but she does it in a good way, like trying to push her chew toy into my face, or sniffing me too much. It is never good when a person treats me like a dog.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 7:35 pm

I have met several men that loved to be treated like a dog.

however, that was OK because it was consensual. :wink:

Merle

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 6:29 am

richardbenson wrote:
do you have to go to the clubhouse?

It's a toss-up. I could go to the clubhouse, ignore that woman and be with my friends, or I could stay home and catch up with my friends in the evening. I'd much rather go to the clubhouse and ignore that B**** than be isolated and deal with memories of being attacked by someone who used to post here.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 8:58 am

I'm glad you're still going to the clubhouse. Clubhouses are a fantastic source of support. You're right to just ignore that woman and not feed the biotch so she won't grown into mega-biotch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

ThisisjusthowItalk
Raven
Raven

20 Apr 2009, 9:21 am

I have difficulty speaking in a clear, confident manner unless I am delivering one of my lectures, so people tend to perceive me as a lot more clueless than I actually am. Of course, the obvious solution is to try to speak the way I do when I'm lecturing (where I definitely show some of my noble blood), but for some reason I can't get the articulation to carry over into normal speech.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 9:38 am

I usually avoid or ignore people who treat me like crap.

Most of the time, it's retardation not dogg-ness that I'm subliminally accused of.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

20 Apr 2009, 12:05 pm

People treat me like s**t all the time. I just ignore them anymore but it was very disheartening when I was a child. Even today- I said something that was apparently some obscure sexual innuendo and everyone laughed... Then when I asked "What" They threw more slang at me (I can't understand slang too well). And everyone was laughing at me and then I got talking about movies and how many times I have watched certain ones because I was nervous.

I feel kind of bad that I had to learn to ignore what people say when I was thirteen or so. I feel if everyone had been nice I would be a lot better off than I am now. But I am told I shouldn't blame other people. That's part of the reason I will never have children. If I have an ASD child I do not want to have them have the same problem. I would be happy if they could be ASD and have friends and be happy but I think an ASD life is heavy in suffering and I would never want that to be my fault.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 12:10 pm

I don't know about a dog.

But I have been "shunted around" a lot by other people and shepherded about.

I was quite shocked and embarrassed when I realised this.
I know that they were just trying to be helpful, but that's honestly what it felt like.

I tend to get lost if other people don't do this during unstructured social occasions.
Like an overgrown child who can recite an encyclopedia, sometimes maybe.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 12:20 pm

I have in the past too been treated that way. My sister used to say I was an animal. Sometimes when my mother wanted me to go outside she say it to me the way she said it to the dog. Sometimes if I wanted to come in she'd say "Outside, Outside" the way it was said to the dog.

Trying to make me learn my place, which I never did.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 12:25 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I find that some people treat me like a dog for no reason that I'm aware of. Not all people, but there are a few. There's one member at my clubhouse who absolutely despises me, and she ordered me in a snappy tone to shut up and let her talk.

Why don't you yell back at her and tell her to shut up herself? Tell her you don't appreciate her tone of voice.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 12:27 pm

Sounds to me like this woman is just a nasty person who spews her venom at everyone she can. Some people just let their hate, and negativity consume them to the point that they're overflowing with it. When I encounter people like that I'm just thankful that I'm not like them. One time, I asked someone who was behaving like the lady in your clubhouse " How does it feel to be so mean, and spiteful wallowing in hate all the time?". (I don't know if those were my exact words, but it's close anyway.) It will usually make women shut up, because women tend to value love, and nurturing qualities, and when you point out that they are essentially being 'unladylike' they're embarrassed.

In any event, CockneyRebel, I hope that this woman's behavior doesn't hinder you in enjoying time with your friends.