Swarmings are physical assaults, yes.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

luchog
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2009, 1:03 am

LosFrida wrote:
I felt a very strong connection to the Columbine shootings becasue of the erroneous media claim that it had been cause, in part, by bullying (check out Dave Cullen's fantastic new book Columbine- extensively researched and sensitively written). As a survivor of bullying I was horrified and sickened by what Haris and Kelbold did, but I certainly could understand (what I thought to be) the motivation.

Good book.

I'm getting increasingly annoyed at all the BS that surroundds the Columbine incident.

Klebold and Harris were not bullied. Exactly the opposite. Plenty of their classmates who were interviewed after the incident indicated that they were bullies themselves.

It was not a "school shooting", as much as it was a school bombing. The shooting happened only because the bombing failed.

Harris was a garden-variety sociopath; and Klebold appears to have been mentally ill and easily manipulated. They both had criminal records, parts of which were expunged prior to the incident. Furthermore, they had a long history of glorification of violence, which was well known to the school, and were involved in numerous violent incidents at the school and elsewhere.

Despite the claims by gun-prohibitionists, none of their weapons were obtained legally. They were either obtained through an illegal "straw purchase", or were outright stolen.

Pretty much everything that made up the popular image of Klebold and Harris, and the Columbine incident, have been exactly the opposite of the reality. The cheap, sensationalist hatchet-job by Moore didn't do anything to improve that situation.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 7:11 pm

John_Browning wrote:
I have concerns about violent crime (not so much massacres as street crime). That's why I lobby for concealed weapons permits in my state.

I personally dont think that people should even NEED a concealed weapons permit in the first place!

And Zsazsa: There is SO much more to the Columbine shootings than just gun politcs. Im sick of people using incidents like that to pedal gun control legislation the way Michael Moore did in Bowling for Columbine. While many 'Goths' went out of their way to dissociate themselves from the Columbine killers and that sort of violence, I was one of the few who didnt. NOT because I in any way condoned what happened but because I thought it was awesomely ridiculous of the media to associate the 90s Goth counterculture with the Columbine shooters.But also, because I really was that angry at society during the time it happened and to this day I still harbor a lot of bitterness towards "the world". :?