Sometimes Win 14%  14%  [ 16 ]
Rarely Win 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Never Win 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 112

KingofCorrect
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2010, 12:34 pm

I usually do not play FPS online, except as a team against the comp. I have a long memory for where supplies are in a game, so if i am replaying a level, i can form plans. I also have a flair for puzzles and wordplay. so I was good at Arkham Asylum. Any pvp game with airstrikes i hate btw, unless the aim is to destroy a fort, lol

lazuruswolf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Oct 2010, 5:19 am

I will play through most games on difficulty settings from easiest to hardest if I really like them because it's nice to ramp up the challenges along the way. I would say I am competent I don't like shooters like MW2 even if I have got it I rarely play on the multi-player not because I am slow but because of all the idiots you get on chat who mouth off at anyone who is new. Also can't stand kids who on realising I am 30 start to mouth off. I usually shut them up with the line of "Oh yeah I was playing games when you where still in nappies kid and by the way the only reason you have these games is because my generation pushed for all the technology you have now shut up and play like an adult" Some of them shut up others persist the persistent one's will find me gone in a few seconds out of the game.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 9:11 am

I usually don't lose.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 5:09 pm

Back in the day of Quake 2 and Half-Life (original) deathmatch, I was consistently ranked top 100 on CLQ - out of millions of players. I was tied for 10th place one time.

:)

But like all things, I lost interest when I got older. Too bad because now they have pro tournaments. Back then gaming was for geeks. Today it is mainstream.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 7:38 pm

I'm actually pretty good actually especially on the PC and I tend to pick up fast on there.

But I'm more pro on games like Dynasty Warriors or anything with swords and some of the fighting games.

The game I could just remain undefeated for a very long time is Dead or Alive and nobody could ever beat me, only my sister was the only one who was able to do that. :lol:

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 11:06 am

People always call me the one who "never loses" and the one who "has practiced endlessly". It's true that I need to get used to games I'm new at, but with dedicated effort, I become a very skillful player.

I sometimes dislike how often I win against other people. It's no fun when your opponent always loses, it just makes you feel bad for them, you know it's quite crushing and unfun to always lose. I can't ease up on them, because I have to show off how good I am. I don't brag about it though, my reputation of the unbeatable comes naturally, when people face against me or watch me play.

Tensho wrote:
I can excel at any game with enough practice but I will start out as the biggest noob doing the dumbest things you would see anyone do and knowing it will probably end bad. Most games I get bored and quit while still being a noob though so thats why I chose average in the poll.

Any game I become really dedicated to I usually end up being unbeatable but there is one other flaw I have.... 1 vs 1 games I tend to feel bad about winning meaning I have no killer instinct and sometimes will deliberately not try very hard if I feel the other person needs a win. I just dont need to win.

But in a team game I would do anything for a team win. If things go wrong in mmo's its me who will be the one that sacrifices himself to save his team from pursuing hordes of NPCs while everyone panics and runs away. Sometimes this also makes me look like more of a noob to those running being the one that dies all the time since they dont really see me facing/slowing the enemy to let them get away :( .

This, exactly.

ImaginaryTime

03 Nov 2010, 5:56 pm

Depends on the action style of the game. I'm skilled at turn-based RPGs, because I can strategize fairly well when I have time to think it over. However, I am usually quite horrific at shooters, particularly first-person shooters, because I feel that I cannot react quick enough or aim properly.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 8:57 pm

Not that good... at least not the point of getting a perfect score on every level of Yoshi's Island like one of my brother... (And he was not playing that much either.). This is one of the reason I prefer RPGs.

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2010, 12:57 am

I do best at RPG's and shooter games. I don't know where games like Tetris stand, but I can kick ass on those.

Competitive ones I suck at. If I'm playing someone else (or the CPU) in NBA 2K10 or Gran Turismo or something, I'll lose.

J0rd91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2010, 7:30 am

This is my first post here :) Please be gentle.

It depends on the genre, really. I'd say I'm pretty good at FPSes, puzzle games, platformers, and (MMO)RPGs. I'm especially good at competitive games, or competitive variants of games, like 6v6 TF2. I'm not sure how good I am at anything else, though.... :-P