Need some advice on making a move (female advice, please)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2009, 5:31 pm

Ok, well I've been doing a dating site, and I've sent out a number of emails to various girls, seeing if they want to chat with me in a friendly conversation. I sent an email out to one girl that was friendly and pleasant, and I saw that she recently viewed my profile online.

I assume that if she already viewed my profile, she has (or had) some interest in whom I am. Well anyways, she has already viewed me, and I feel this presents an opportunity to do something clever to get noticed.

So I need your advice, I was thinking of saying something like this:

"Well I see you took a look at my profile, still interested in chatting? :P"

I would use that as a starter, but after that, I have nothing else to go on, so I was wondering if you gals had any suggestions? Thanks :) ;)

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 5:43 pm

Hi Mal-

Well, you could begin by asking her the things that are considered "socailly acceptable" starters.

Like, "So what do you do?" If in school, where do you go to school? What is your favorite subject? Do you like your job?

THen say some stuff about you. Like what you do and what you like to even it up.

Ask her if she likes music, what's on her Ipod, adn then tell her what on yours.

Music, books, etc.......

If she even hints at some bad expereince, be all compasiionate. We all love that. Not prying, but like, "Oh, that must have been really hard for yuo."

What I have learned is that the things that sound stupid and nerdish are the things that highly functional people like and the way they talk. For instance, you can imagine Tom Daschle saying something like, "That must have been a very difficult expereince," while you can't imagine the lead singer of, og KISS, saying something like that. He's say something stupid like "Gad, bummer. That must have sucked."

People want to hear FUNCTIONAL.

Think functional and kind.

If this made any sense.

Well,I wish you luck!!

biscuitpaws
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2009, 8:51 pm

AutisticMalcontent wrote:
I sent an email out to one girl that was friendly and pleasant, and I saw that she recently viewed my profile online.

I assume that if she already viewed my profile, she has (or had) some interest in whom I am.

Well, it means she has (or had) some curiosity in who you are, not necessarily interest. Don't confuse the two.

Quote:

If I were you, I would not say this. It's kind of...I dunno, *shudder*. Don't ask permission to chat or make a reference to chatting itself. You're already doing it by asking anyway so just start chatting. I'd suggest asking a question about something pertinent on her profile page that you're really curious about. Do you share any similar interests? That's a good, simple angle to work from.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2009, 10:15 am

biscuitpaws wrote:
AutisticMalcontent wrote:
I sent an email out to one girl that was friendly and pleasant, and I saw that she recently viewed my profile online.

I assume that if she already viewed my profile, she has (or had) some interest in whom I am.

Well, it means she has (or had) some curiosity in who you are, not necessarily interest. Don't confuse the two.

Quote:

If I were you, I would not say this. It's kind of...I dunno, *shudder*. Don't ask permission to chat or make a reference to chatting itself. You're already doing it by asking anyway so just start chatting. I'd suggest asking a question about something pertinent on her profile page that you're really curious about. Do you share any similar interests? That's a good, simple angle to work from.

Great stuff, thanks a lot :D I'll run with it and see what happens. After all, what's the worst that can happen? Being rejected? :P :lol: There are worse things in life than that :wink: