Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 8:18 pm

I wish we could find out how Julia and her son are doing.

If her son was able to achieve independence, I would be curious as to what Julia, her son, and others did to help him reach that goal. It would be educational in the extreme--especially since the son was so reluctant to change his internet routine

Too bad Julia hasn't come back since 2009.

SpacyTracy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2018, 1:09 am

I can't believe how judgemental some of people are...you getting 17yr old boy to do something he want to do.. Not all kids are the same. I tried pulling the plug on my son's Xbox...it didn't work. He just sat in his room. Anyway..taking away the one thing the kid enjoys in life is just cruel and is risking him giving up on life altogether. I'm on SSI due to HFA...doesn't mean I'm lazy or don't want to be able to work. I just can't do it.

LadyLucifer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2018, 2:02 am

[quote]I know that some people believe that disciplining a "disabled" child is cruel, but in the case of AS, it just HAS to be done. Those that aren't taught a sense of discipline, work ethic, and self-control will just toil away at their special interest all day long. [/quote
Exactly! Entitled aspies need to prove their sufficancy. Make him pay rent or send him to independanty living.

Special Interest: Abnormal/Sexual/Developmental Psychology, Metal Music, Depressing Documentaries, the Occult, True Crime, Cults/Conspiracy Theories, Naruto, House MD, Fetishes, Hannibal Lector Quartet and Disney Princesses and Villains
Totems: Cacti, snails, tarot, rubber ducks, overstuffed/fat animals, devils, fairies, leather and Baphomet.