Do You Remember Faces From Your Childhood?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

julie_b
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2009, 7:16 am

I'm hopeless with faces which is why I hate it when people recognise me in the street and want to "Hello". I have no idea who they are and I find it really stressful. I also have people say I am being rude because I ignore them. They just don't understand that I don't see them. They are just a part of the crowd.

As for childhood, the only memories I have tend to be related to intense stress. I remember the situations and feelings clearly but that's it.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 7:23 am

i can remember all the faces from my childhood.
i never looked at them much, but i took snapshots in my mind of what i saw when i looked at them briefly, and then i studied my mental snapshots later when i was going to sleep.

i do not remember any body language from anyone i meet. past or present.

oak
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2009, 7:53 am

Hala wrote:
Uranus wrote:
I can't remember my own face never mind anyone else's. :lol:

Lol, same here.

Seriously, isn't that just normal?

All those who can remember faces in detail must have a photographic memory, at least when it comes to visual information about faces. I consider that ability to be a disorder. People who can remember faces lack the ability to differentiate between useful and useless information.

For a mentally healthy person it shouldn't make a difference whether you save visual data about cars, buildings, rooms, or faces.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 9:58 am

I more remember the shapes of people from when I was younger.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 4:08 pm

oak wrote:

All those who can remember faces in detail must have a photographic memory, at least when it comes to visual information about faces. I consider that ability to be a disorder. People who can remember faces lack the ability to differentiate between useful and useless information.

The thing is, if it´s a music video or a movie that I´ve seen over and over again, I can get a very clear and detailed picture of the faces involved. I can flash little "movies" of the scenes in my mind. So somewhere in there, my mind does have that ability, it´s just selective.

Kasek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2009, 10:52 pm

I barely even remember people at all, let alone their faces. I can do from 7th Grade onwards, but not before then.

It's kind of sad, really.

~Kasek

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 7:06 am

i remember people's faces from primary school, but I don't recognise my neighbours, or other people. I recognise some friends, but if I haven't seen them for about 3- 5 years I forget them. I had a conversation with my ex boyfriend from 5 years ago yesterday, and I didn't recognise him.

It's kind of embarrassing really.

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2009, 5:56 pm

I remember hair the most. I recall being a toddler and my mother picking me up for visitation and I was confused why there was another lady with the same kind of hair (stepmom) and now some lady with same kind of hair showing up at the door claiming to be my mom.

She also said that I didn't speak to her when we went out around the age of 3 1/2 so I'm wondering if that was why. I thought she was an imposter mom but she wasn't.