Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

aspieguy101
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2009, 3:19 am

I may look into Nursing. Well, I'll likely have to begin as a nurses' aide but I can maybe work my way up if I want. I can probably do the work too. At least at the aide level. Plus, the training is only 1.5 to 3 months which I'm positive I can handle. My dad thinks it'll be a good job for me. I'm out of work right now but hopefully that won't be the case 2 years or so from now if you know what I mean. Anyone else have suggestions or experiences on this career route?

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 8:06 am

A great job in today's job market with so many people unemployed! You will be even more in demand as an employee as a young man in a traditional field of women.

Starting out as a nurse's aide is a good first step...to see if you really like working as a nurse. If you do like working as a nurse,
skip the LPN and go on to become an RN...Registered Nurse. The pay is better as an RN and if you would like to work in an
Emergency Room, one has to be an RN. LPNs do direct patient care on the hospital floors. Once you get a job in a hospital, the
hospital will provide you with excellent benefits to continue your education, if you desire to advance further in your Nursing
career. Maybe you will want to work as a Nurse Practitioner??

Maybe you will like to work as a Flight Nurse on a helicopter taking a critically ill patient to a major trauma center? That requires
at least an RN Nursing Degree in additional to some nursing training of caring for the critically injured.

Best of luck in a great career choice!