My confidence lever has just plummeted

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 7:01 pm

I've been feeling super confident lately. I've lost about 25 pounds, and I look fantastic. I've never ever thought I look fantastic. I bought a dress, several sizes too small, on purpose. The intent was to see the dress and work hard to get into it. I finally did, today.

anyway, my mom and stepdad came home, and my mom was amazed. My stepdad was downstairs and she wanted to show him it. He didn't hear what my mom was saying but mentioned that my brother is coming over to watch "the game". So, my mom tried again, and he came to the stairs, he was just getting a look, after my mom told him the size (12!) when the phone rang, and he walked out of site to answer a call from my brother. my mom told him to tell my brother to hang on, and he did, and i assumed he had hung up, but then a second later, when he comes back, he continues talking on the phone with my brother.

I feel like my confidence has gone way down. I just wanted a moment to show off, (I've never had anything to show off before, and I felt so great), and show my stepdad what all my hard work has led to. instead he was more interested in a stupid hockey game with my brother. He should have hung up. I wanted to show my brother later when he came over, not have him hear our entire conversation over the phone.

My stepdad does things like this all the time. I feel like he doesn't notice my accomplishments, or really care. :(