Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Khaaaaan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2009, 6:47 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
i KNOW mexico is just waiting, waiting, patiently waiting, for the usa to let their guard down :D :D

Wouldn't that be a shock? We're expecting China, Russia, anyone from the Middle East, and anyone else I may be leaving out and Mexico up and does it. There's a sort of poetic irony in that. :lmao:

It would be funnier ic Canada does it

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 6:54 pm

Khaaaaan wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
i KNOW mexico is just waiting, waiting, patiently waiting, for the usa to let their guard down :D :D

Wouldn't that be a shock? We're expecting China, Russia, anyone from the Middle East, and anyone else I may be leaving out and Mexico up and does it. There's a sort of poetic irony in that. :lmao:

It would be funnier ic Canada does it

it would be so funny, south park would make a movie out of it ;)

iMark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2009, 7:05 pm

i do not hate anyone for being from the ghetto.

i do hate people who are loud, rude, crude, arrogant, ignorant, and otherwise obnoxious who claim that i am a racist just for asking them to be a little quieter, a little more polite, a little more refined, a little more humble, a little better educated, or otherwise a little more considerate when they're around me.

but no. to them the word racist means anybody who objects to them acting like criminals, hoodlums, drug dealers, and other forms of low life.

i do not care what part of the city or country they come from. let them stay there and leave me and mine alone.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Apr 2009, 9:04 pm

yeah!! !
and gangstas too!
especially when they try to be black or mexican and start talking like them but they look all rocker idk it sorta makes me mad.
but yeah they annoy me. :x

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 10:31 am

kaitlyn_loves_music wrote:
yeah!! !
and gangstas too!
especially when they try to be black or mexican and start talking like them but they look all rocker idk it sorta makes me mad.

you guys get those who identify themselves as "black" when theyre far from it?

just today a guy said something along the lines of "and im the only black guy here" (hes from chile or something) and i immediately corrected him "dude, your... tan. like if you were on vacation for a while"

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 11:14 am

I grew up in an inner-city school district and I had to deal with their crap day after day. I couldn't stand a single one of them. They made many years of my life hell. Now don't get me wrong. I've had lots of friends who were black. They've also been nicer than quite a few white people I know (I'm white, too). I just don't like the ghetto ones.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 11:18 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
kaitlyn_loves_music wrote:
yeah!! !
and gangstas too!

you guys get those who identify themselves as "black" when theyre far from it?

just today a guy said something along the lines of "and im the only black guy here" (hes from chile or something) and i immediately corrected him "dude, your... tan. like if you were on vacation for a while"

Yeah, those are the ones I hate. I don't dislike the ones who really are black at all, I'm not racists though I have been called that just for pointing out that white guy who claims to be black isn't or for saying that I hate rap and hip-hop which I do with a passion.

I don't see how anyone that is not black, especially white people, could claim to be black. They must be incredibly color blind or something. :lol:

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 11:31 am

A curious observation; strange how our assumptions about ghettos differ based on region and age.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 11:42 am

it has zero to do with race for me, the fact that the "ghetto" kids happen to be black is happenstance.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 1:52 pm

They stay out of my way, and I stay out of their way.

Amusing to see "kids nowadays" type of posts in this thread, too.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 2:25 pm

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 2:43 pm

Henriksson wrote:
Amusing to see "kids nowadays" type of posts in this thread, too.

Damn kids need to stay off my lawn. :x

~

I grew up in a "rough" area of town, and I had more trouble in school with the middle-class people making fun of me for my background and for where I lived than I did with the sort of people described in this thread. I also know that the condescension directed towards "neds" (probably the closest Scotland has to "ghetto kids") often comes about not because of what the person has done but because of what others expect them to do. That isn't to say there are no "bad-apples," but it's a bit unfair to dislike someone because of the way they speak and look.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2009, 6:05 pm

lol Ghetto kids, they think they're G bruh. They think they're the real thing and all y'all just be frontin' dawg.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of them. I get really annoyed by the white kids who think they're black, dress like it, talk like it. I think the term for them is "Wigger." If you think about it you'll know what it means. For some reason every has to be a G. I say screw that, I'ma be me.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 11:02 pm

Prosser wrote:

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Werand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2009, 11:25 pm

Being 11, I'm offended by the "All kids are this way" Comments.

But yes, about the picture.

The child must be HARDENED WITH FIRE, no?

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Apr 2009, 11:52 pm

It's more complicated. Just like any child, these people are products of their environment.

I'm not saying you shouldn't avoid them, but a little understanding and sympathy is called for. You aren't just born that way, you have to go through some seriously difficult situations to reach that level of cynicism and anger.