Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 1:58 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
I mostly dislike middleclass, smalltown kids of any ethnicity trying to imitate 50 cent.

QFT

I have no problem with people that were born in a ghetto and grew up there. I mean that is hard for anyone to deal with. But I absolutely hate these rich kids trying to act like they are from the ghetto. It's really only the white ones I hate. :evil:

If only they could see how ridiculous they look.

HAL_9000
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2009, 2:06 pm

These days I don't really see it in ghetto culture or whatever. A person is either a nuisance and an as*hole to me, or they aren't. It's a complex and highly contentious issue, but I don't really care what race they are or where they're from unless they're causing trouble. I don't have an answer on how to solve it, and I wish other people would admit they don't as well. The problem isn't going to go away any time soon.

One thing I will say, though, is that it really pissed me off getting demonised as a kid because of other people's actions. I used to go out of my way to help people and be polite. I stopped doing that when I realised I was damned if I did, damned if I didn't. I'm quite happy to be rude to people these days if I'm not going to encounter them again, even as an adult. What's the point?

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:20 pm

what do you mean ghetto-kid?

in norway there arent any ghettos, like you guys got ghettos. but ALL kids are obnoxious and rude.

one kid called on my door, and pushed past me, INSISTING i have a PS3, and that he was entitled to use it (even if i had one, where does a kid get the idea, that he can push past people, enter their homes uninvited, and just hijack their game-consoles? i know where: their as*hole parents.). i had no idea who this snot was, but i litterally had to pick him up, and HURL him out of the house.
his parents must be... BEYOND stupid...

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:31 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:

in norway there arent any ghettos, like you guys got ghettos. but ALL kids are obnoxious and rude.

one kid called on my door, and pushed past me, INSISTING i have a PS3, and that he was entitled to use it (even if i had one, where does a kid get the idea, that he can push past people, enter their homes uninvited, and just hijack their game-consoles? i know where: their as*hole parents.). i had no idea who this snot was, but i litterally had to pick him up, and HURL him out of the house.

We have ghettos, both in small villages and big cities. BTW, Zeg, where are you from?
That kid would have ended up with broken fingers if he tried to enter my apartment.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:49 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

We have ghettos, both in small villages and big cities. BTW, Zeg, where are you from?
That kid would have ended up with broken fingers if he tried to enter my apartment.

trondheim.
i guess we got ghettos per norwegian definition. trondheim has a few "shabby" areas, not to mention "Svartlamon" which seems to be a slum on purpose :D
i lived in Svartlamon tho, and being the shabbyest most run-down part of trondheim, its still very safe, its safer than the downtown area on your ordinary saturday night :]
also, the southernmost residential areas, such as tiller, heimdal, flatåsen all have bad reputations, but they arent dangerous or anything. just a higher concentration of poor people i guess.
maybe it will get worse in time.

i guess thats why i wont count them as ghettos. you wont get mugged or shot :D

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 3:44 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

trondheim.
i guess we got ghettos per norwegian definition. trondheim has a few "shabby" areas, not to mention "Svartlamon" which seems to be a slum on purpose :D
i lived in Svartlamon tho, and being the shabbyest most run-down part of trondheim, its still very safe, its safer than the downtown area on your ordinary saturday night :]
also, the southernmost residential areas, such as tiller, heimdal, flatåsen all have bad reputations, but they arent dangerous or anything. just a higher concentration of poor people i guess.

I'm also from Central Norway. You can find the ghettos of people on social security and of people who drink anything containing alcohol in any village. I agree on what you are saying. I once lived on the border between the middle class of Byåsen and the slums of Heimdal.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 3:52 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

trondheim.

I'm also from Central Norway. You can find the ghettos of people on social security and of people who drink anything containing alcohol in any village. I agree on what you are saying. I once lived on the border between the middle class of Byåsen and the slums of Heimdal.

i grew up in Hallset, in the middle of byåsen. as you say, byåsen is middle class, so hallset was always a dark and shadowy island in the middle of the glory :D but thats what a norwegian "ghetto" most often is: a couple of streets, that are a bit more cracked up, than elsewhere. i always tell people, you can tell hallset is a bit worse off than other neighborhoods, cus this is where you see toddlers out playing after midnight :D (usually cus their parents are too messed up to care)

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:18 pm

This is what I meant by white wannabe ghetto kids:

Pathetic.......... I would say what we call them but I might get banned. :silent:

The "N" word spelled with a W.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:29 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
This is what I meant by white wannabe ghetto kids:

Pathetic.......... I would say what we call them but I might get banned. :silent:

The "N" word spelled with a W.

AWWWWW
we got TONS of those :D but thats just "urban culture" isnt it? by now, anyway.

when i think "ghetto" i think the real slum, where people shoot you, not where they... rap about shooting you, untill their mother tells them to come back inside for bedtime :D

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:31 pm

^ Yeah, those kids are just wannabes. And yes unfortunately it is urban culture here now too. And it is a shame, these kids are America's future. We're more screwed than we realize! 8O

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:46 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
^ Yeah, those kids are just wannabes. And yes unfortunately it is urban culture here now too. And it is a shame, these kids are America's future. We're more screwed than we realize! 8O

no s**t :D

think 2 generations back, and YOUTH were ready to TEAR THE GOVERNMENT DOWN for change and development.

THESE guys tear their room apart, kick the playground apart, and break the windows at their school. the rest? they dont give a s**t, and trying to give a s**t, gives them a headache.
yes, we're screwed! :D

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

^ I think we should get the hell out while we still can!

When whoever invades us (it could be anyone really), our military will be full of these kids packing their BB guns that look like Mac-10's. They'd be better off throwing rocks.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 6:27 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
^ I think we should get the hell out while we still can!

When whoever invades us (it could be anyone really), our military will be full of these kids packing their BB guns that look like Mac-10's. They'd be better off throwing rocks.

i KNOW mexico is just waiting, waiting, patiently waiting, for the usa to let their guard down :D :D

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 6:35 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
i KNOW mexico is just waiting, waiting, patiently waiting, for the usa to let their guard down :D :D

Wouldn't that be a shock? We're expecting China, Russia, anyone from the Middle East, and anyone else I may be leaving out and Mexico up and does it. There's a sort of poetic irony in that. :lmao:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 6:46 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

Wouldn't that be a shock? We're expecting China, Russia, anyone from the Middle East, and anyone else I may be leaving out and Mexico up and does it. There's a sort of poetic irony in that. :lmao:

thats what ive always said. you remove the whole "world police" thing from usa, and all you really got to worry about is canada and mexico. REDUCE YOUR ARMIES. FEED THE PEOPLE

*phew

:D

Khaaaaan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2009, 6:47 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

It would be funnier ic Canada does it