Do you come across people who think they are smart but ....

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:17 am

really are dumb. I come across a lot of people like this and wondering if anyone else codoes as well?

This explains it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unskilled_ ... ware_of_It

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:20 am

:wall: oh ya and they are usally in some position of power to boot! and I came across a couple of those kind of people here, hell, one tried to convince me the most horrible, mind raping place on the internet isn't bad at all XD

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:31 am

The people I know tend to resent intellectuals and call them "pretentious". I don't really resent them, I think they can be interesting.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 12:01 pm

I didn't know it existed a term for that "behavior".

28 Apr 2009, 2:07 pm

Jeff came off as very smart and high IQ but the more I was with him, I realized how dumb he was and deluded in his mind about how our country works. Thinks our gov. hires someone to assassinate you if you know something he doesn't want you to know. He had a lot of other weird thoughts too. He might have been schizophrenic my mom says because you couldn't have a normal conversation with him and his words were incoherent she says, and he had this weird look on his face and in his eyes when he be at their house and it looked like the look Dakota Fanning had in Hide and Seek when she was traumatized by the death of her mother. He also moved his hands around as he spoke. Plus his thinking was really weird and schizos have really weird thoughts that are out there and Jeff's thoughts were really weird.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:10 pm

Oh God, my step-brother thinks he is the next Einstein yet he doesn't know what diagrams have to do with blueprints, he said that himself! 8O

And he is supposed to go into Automotive Engineering! God help those who drive any car he builds.

People think I'm smart but they don't see how dumb I really am. :lol:

JameAlec
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Apr 2009, 2:37 pm

That describes a moron in one of my lab classes exactly. We haven't done a single experiment that he hasn't screwed up through his own careless and idiotic mistakes... and all the while he tries to lecture us on how to do the lab!

TingTing

28 Apr 2009, 6:56 pm

How would I know? :roll:

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 7:29 pm

Often.
However if people were much closer to knowing the extent of their shortcomings, they'd end up much more unhappy.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 7:55 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
Oh God, my step-brother thinks he is the next Einstein yet he doesn't know what diagrams have to do with blueprints, he said that himself! 8O

And he is supposed to go into Automotive Engineering! God help those who drive any car he builds.

People think I'm smart but they don't see how dumb I really am. :lol:

all those who thought of me as smart and reflected, they should see me attack and punch my pizza.
yes

i punched pizza.

you know what else?

it was bleeding afterwards.

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:29 pm

XD know what you mean, there is a guy here, Jsmith, who is trying to explain a website to me, even tho I tell him I have been on it for several months now and know all about it! XD dear lord, someone keep him from breeding!