Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:38 pm

What is the weirdest things everyones pet cats have eaten?
does not have to be completely different,but just weird for a cat [eg,not normal cat food].
there's an icanhascheezburger video of a cat eating cauliflower which looks very weird and healty.

Biscuits' favourite thing is scrambled egg,but she also likes fried egg,spaghetti,raw meat,potatoes...sister calls her the garbage disposal unit.

Goldie likes her crotch,as her mouth seems to spend a lot of time attached to it.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:44 pm

My cat usually doesnt want any other food than her regular typical catfood. I use to give her opportunity to taste diffrent things but she dont want to eat it.
But once she ate a piece of cheese I gave her, that was the weirdest thing she had eaten so far...

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:54 pm

eating mice seems pretty weird to me :P

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 2:57 pm

my cat came home w a guineapig once :(

it was dead, wet from the rain, and stiffened. i dont think my kitty killed it by herself, it didnt have bitemarks, plus she had a guineapig as a playmate growing up. plus, its probably too big for her to consider food, while its allive.

anyway
sh***y morning, have to get up, and throw big dead guineapig in the garbage :(

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:16 pm

xalepax wrote:
My cat usually doesnt want any other food than her regular typical catfood. I use to give her opportunity to taste diffrent things but she dont want to eat it.
But once she ate a piece of cheese I gave her, that was the weirdest thing she had eaten so far...

typical cat then....not posh/premium brands by any chance is it?

the cheese might be because it's a milky type product,cats commonly like milk and cream dont they? [though thats more of a stereotype,they seem to prefer cow milk to milk designed for them for some reason].

anna-banana,
do they actually eat the mice? thought homed cats kill them more for the chase and play,than the actual eating? have seen own cats kill a few garden mice before,but they get bored of them after they've died or bring it in the house and drop it [still alive]/.

ZEGH8578,
could have been a fox,illness,hunger,thirst or age..or shock from being attacked by a kitty.
they do seem too big for a cat though,too much effort involved there.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:26 pm

My cat eats lint and other sorts of stuff that we drag in from outside. He's almost more like a dog. :lol:

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:28 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
typical cat then....not posh/premium brands by any chance is it?
the cheese might be because it's a milky type product,cats commonly like milk and cream dont they? [though thats more of a stereotype,they seem to prefer cow milk to milk designed for them for some reason].

Her brand for dry food is IAMS and her brand for wet food is Whiskas, I believe both are wide spread around the world so most catowners knows about them.
The IAMS could be called premium as its bought only in good petstores.

And about milk. I thought it was a pure myth that cats like milk and that the truth is that they are allergic to milk. I am too and for that I buy special milkproducts that then also "suits the cat" but she isnt much interested in it anyway...

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 6:45 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:

do they actually eat the mice? thought homed cats kill them more for the chase and play,than the actual eating? have seen own cats kill a few garden mice before,but they get bored of them after they've died or bring it in the house and drop it [still alive]/.

I have 2 cats and I know 1 of them for sure does actually eat mice sometimes. The other one I'm not sure but I don't think he does.

Also the weirdest thing I've seen is one of my cats, if he can get his paws on them, will eat the plastic seal rings off of milk gallons. I know a lot of cats like to play with them, but he will literally bust them into small pieces and choke em down. I don't know what his issue is.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 6:57 pm

My cat Destiny will go nuts if she smells Doritos or macaroni and cheese. I've been on the phone and had to hide my bowl of Mac and Cheese in a dresser drawer until I was done my conversation to keep her from getting at it and the whole time she kept pawing and digging trying to open it up. :lol:

My other cat, Harley, likes to eat an entire mouse, with exception of the heads. He's always been an indoor cat but we get the odd mouse in the house. Eventually he throws up the innards and it's like a crime scene when I come down in the morning. :eew:

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 7:09 pm

My cat loves human food. She'll eat pretty much anything except fruit. Her weirdest foods are corn, cheese, broccoli, grass, and oatmeal. She'd steal my coffee too if she could get her face in the cup.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:16 pm

Ear wax. My brother found out that a lot of cats like ear wax, because he used to sleep with his bedroom door open, and the cat would wake him up by licking his ears. Then he'd stick his finger in his ear and offer it to the cat, who would lick his finger for ages, while ignoring any finger that had not been in his ear. Some cats aren't interested though.

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 10:09 pm

I gave a friend's cat a laxative once. Poor kitty.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:19 pm

I had a cat once who loved French bread. I had to keep bread in the refrigerator or else he would eat half a loaf before I caught him.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:28 pm

One time I was opening up a can of tomato juice, and my cat came running, thinking it was tuna...he kept begging, so I gave him some to humor him, and he drank it all up o_O

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 3:49 am

In case of Czarnula, my grandparents’ cat, her biggest dainty was always boiled parsley.

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 6:04 pm

My childhood cat /friend, Tam would fight you for cheese and onion flavour crisps. He also used to eat the top off sponge cakes if you left them out to cool. He was really cute, he used to sleep at night on my chest with his paws round my neck....it was nice apart from the cat drool all over my face.

My mum had a cat that used to eat strawberry yoghurts, she'd eat half and then spoon the rest to the cat. As a special treat, she used to get him a greek yoghurt...i'm not sure which of those is the wierdest, yoghurt eating cat, or the owner that discovers it :lol: