Final Fantasy XIII- Do you think it will be a good one?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2009, 11:43 pm

My favorite FF's were Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy XII. All these games had a good plot, interesting characters, and had both aspects of mythical creatures, magic, and technology.

I'm not crazy at all about this new Final Fantasy. From what I've seen and read off wikipedia and other sites, it looks too technologically based. It almost looks like there is little to no fantasy aspect about it. I mean, how silly is it to have a main character named "Lightening" and to have a plot about a magical crystal telling a race of people to build a paradise up in the sky called "Cocoon" away from the ground world called "Pulse"? Even sillier is "Cocoon" having a theocracy called the "Holy Government of Cocoon".

Where do they come up with these names and plots? I think Square Enix is running out of ideas. What do you guys think?

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Apr 2009, 11:55 pm

I think it looks awesome, as does the spinoff game. The last Final Fantasy game I really enjoyed honestly was X-2, and from what I've heard XIII is by the same makers who made X-2. Plus, XIII in a lot of ways reminds me of VIII which was my favorite of the series, so I'm very excited. I prefer the futuristic style of Final Fantasy to the old style if you haven't noticed :P. And the trailer for the spinoff looks just plain badass.

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2009, 12:14 am

Fidget wrote:
I think it looks awesome, as does the spinoff game. The last Final Fantasy game I really enjoyed honestly was X-2, and from what I've heard XIII is by the same makers who made X-2. Plus, XIII in a lot of ways reminds me of VIII which was my favorite of the series, so I'm very excited. I prefer the futuristic style of Final Fantasy to the old style if you haven't noticed :P. And the trailer for the spinoff looks just plain badass.

I also feel the same way. ALL HAIL FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! :salut: :hail:

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 7:58 am

It sure will be ! :D

It has to be after the biiiig delay, can't wait for it :wink:

Edit: oh, forgot, hail :hail: :salut:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 11:15 am

I will probably get it. I just got through Final Fantasy XII on my PS3 a couple days ago.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 11:16 am

Final Fantasy peaked at VI, and though I liked FFXI ok I haven't enjoyed their single-player games since IX. Sorry, I just don't have any hope for the series anymore.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 11:40 am

I do wish they'd remake VI and VII on better systems...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 12:25 pm

Fidget wrote:

You liked X-2? I was able to make it through that game, more than the average person can say... but to actually like it?

That said, I agree that VIII was the best of the series... if only for having the aspie lead character...

...whatever

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Apr 2009, 1:45 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Fidget wrote:

You liked X-2? I was able to make it through that game, more than the average person can say... but to actually like it?

That said, I agree that VIII was the best of the series... if only for having the aspie lead character...

...whatever

Yep, I loved X-2. It seems to be one of those games people either loved or hated, and I happen to be one of the ones who loved it. ^_^ VIII was the same way though, it got extremely mixed reviews from both sides of the spectrum.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 1:56 pm

I think I read somewhere about the 360 version being over several disks, as they are using the game fully to the PS3 capabilities. I havent realy played many, I have played Kingdom hearts, seen Advant Children, I got X2, I was quite obbsesed with playing it for a length of time, but got distracted, it kind of confused me, Why would I want to get one of them to sing for combat instead of something that does damage.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 10:25 pm

I really don't know anymore, I personally feel the series has had a big decline after 2001. Since then, I haven't been big on any of the RPGs Square has released since then. I will give this game a chance but I personally feel the Final Fantasy series is not the high quality series it once was. Making all those unnecessary Final Fantasy VII spinoffs certainly didn't help. The RPG genre in general has been stale for quite a while.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 8:36 pm

Averick wrote:
I do wish they'd remake VI and VII on better systems...

If they did do it they'd inject them with tons of flow breaking cutscenes with bad voice acting. I say leave them as they are.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net