ADAM - New movie about someone with asperger's

Page 4 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 6:43 pm

x_amount_of_words wrote:
If anyone has a link to watch this movie online, please post it. I'd like to watch it. Yes, it is illegal...but I don't care :twisted:

Use of this site for illegal activities will result in getting banned - this is a support site, not a black market.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

29 Nov 2009, 7:22 pm

I want to get this on DVD when it comes out. My husband thought this told a story of our relationship but it was in reverse.

Tomo670
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2009, 10:04 pm

I saw this and it was some pretty sappy crap i have to say.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 10:41 am

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but it's better than starting a duplicate one IMO.

I saw this film when it was on at the cinemas, I liked it a lot. I didn't like the end, but obviously I can't tell you why without spoiling it for those who haven't watched the film yet, so I won't say anymore on that matter.

Overall it was a good film IMO, and I liked how Adam wasen't stupidly exaggerated like Rain Man, he just seemed like a "normal" Aspie (if there is such a thing :P).

It's out on DVD 15th February BTW, though it said 25th January before so I dunno about that date... Either way, you can pre-order it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adam-DVD-Hugh-D ... 024&sr=8-1 :)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 10:45 am

makuranososhi wrote:
x_amount_of_words wrote:
If anyone has a link to watch this movie online, please post it. I'd like to watch it. Yes, it is illegal...but I don't care :twisted:

Use of this site for illegal activities will result in getting banned - this is a support site, not a black market.

M.

Actually, copyright infringement isn't illegal, it's unlawful, meaning it's only as bad as breaking a contract. As far as Adam goes, though, I'd recommend paying for it, because it's only a small film and if it makes a lot of money they might make more Aspie films :)

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 1:45 am

1 word

FAIL

you couldn't pay me to see this

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2009, 12:57 am

I recently saw Adam and while I liked what Hugh Dancy did with the part, I was not sure what he saw in Rose Byrne's character.

SPOILERS BELOW:

Among other things. she knows he has Aspergers (and it's implied that she read at least one book on the subject), but still insists on dragging him to 2 parties AND sets him up for an awkward/unhappy experience by pretending to bump into her parents accidentally at a play when in fact she lied to him and the situation is basically an ambush.

INTJ.

30 Dec 2009, 9:42 am

LinnaeusCat wrote:
I recently saw Adam and while I liked what Hugh Dancy did with the part, I was not sure what he saw in Rose Byrne's character.

SPOILERS BELOW:

Among other things. she knows he has Aspergers (and it's implied that she read at least one book on the subject), but still insists on dragging him to 2 parties AND sets him up for an awkward/unhappy experience by pretending to bump into her parents accidentally at a play when in fact she lied to him and the situation is basically an ambush.

Not all aspies dislike parties but if I were her I still would have asked him if he wanted to go. I wouldn't want people making generalizations about me. Also I would have asked Adam how it makes him feel when people lie or when plans change, etc.

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Dec 2009, 1:20 pm

I'm not sure this even got a release in Ireland.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 4:13 pm

Just from watching the preview, the character of Adam seems like a really nasty, creepy guy, and probably mentally ill (for reasons besides asperger's). He seems like someone I'd want to avoid at all costs in real life.

I don't know, to me I just get the impression of a film that plays up negative stereotypes for dramatic effect, showing asperger's as a crippling mental disability.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 5:50 pm

So any word on when this will be out on DVD/ Blu Ray in the US?

Sefirato
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2009, 8:16 pm

KenM wrote:

It has been mentioned a few posts before you. February 15, 2010.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 3:56 am

I just watched it and I really liked it. I related a lot to Adam, and certain parts were actually quite difficult to watch because they were so similar to my life. Other parts were a bit terrible, but overall it was a good film and I'll buy the dvd when I can.

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2010, 11:52 am

I liked it but felt some bits were a little over dramatic. I think the main actor Hugh Dancy was really impressive. Here's a link for it http://www.metadivx.com/8pbllwd1sefi#

Rocker82
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jan 2010, 2:02 am

I want to get this movie[Adam] on DVD.I saw "Mozart and the Whale",I didn't like that movie at all.

Philotix
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2010, 11:00 pm

Sefirato wrote:
KenM wrote:

It has been mentioned a few posts before you. February 15, 2010.

Actually all of the rental places like Blockbuster have received the film a month early. I picked it up at Blockbuster today and with their policy, I can just keep it and they will automatically sell it to me after the due date. So anyone that wants a copy of the film for their own, just do the same. Rent it from Blockbuster, and just keep it. :wink: