ADAM - New movie about someone with asperger's

Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

30 Apr 2009, 12:27 pm

There doesn't seem to be any talk here yet about this movie. Its coming out in late July.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wnoNQa_qUm4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wnoNQa_qUm4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Apr 2009, 1:19 pm

I think this is the way to do it. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnoNQa_qUm4[/youtube]

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 3:18 pm

The last scene with the chocolates :D

A trailer can be a bit misleading, but I am probably going to watch it any way.
I am curious about the persona in the film, will he be a bit comparable to a real human being and not too much over the top like in other films?

Werand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2009, 6:22 pm

"I'm not Forrest Gump, you know."

Hahaha, I'm going to love this movie.

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Apr 2009, 6:41 pm

Looks like a good movie.
Anything that educates the general NT population about Asperger`s is a good thing.

LosFrida
Toucan
Toucan

01 May 2009, 12:06 am

That looks great :D . The baby scene (totally how I would react) and the last one made me laugh.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 11:34 am

I love the look of this film, will definitely go to see it in a cinema if it gets a release over here. I hope it does.

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 11:47 am

I am so looking forward to this film! I really hope it is a positive and accurate portrayal. It did just win at Sundance, so it should be good.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 1:20 pm

Seems like a bland name for a movie. I watched the trailer and it seems to try to show those with aspergers in a stereotyped point of view about how they have a great talent in a certain area(not all of us do) and how they sometimes live in their own world. I find the romance aspect to be unrealistic and forced. Despite my negativity, I do like that they are at least making an attempt at spreading aspergers awareness, even if it's not done exactly the right way.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 3:17 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
I watched the trailer and it seems to try to show those with aspergers in a stereotyped point of view...

Well, they got to sell the movie too, they cant film documentaries and make millions.

The same goes for the character "Sheldon" in Big Bang Theory, if he was not the overly dramatic stereotypical Aspie type, he would be a bland and uninteresting geeky science character.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 8:39 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Homer_Bob wrote:
I watched the trailer and it seems to try to show those with aspergers in a stereotyped point of view...

Well, they got to sell the movie too, they cant film documentaries and make millions.

The same goes for the character "Sheldon" in Big Bang Theory, if he was not the overly dramatic stereotypical Aspie type, he would be a bland and uninteresting geeky science character.

Your right, in order for a movie to sell, it has to have a fairy tale story of some sort. I guess they have to find something about Aspergers that would get viewers to watch. If they make more documentaries on TV, I'd certainly be interested in those.

Werand
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2009, 10:44 pm

Homer Bob, why should you care if it's a stereotype? Stop your whining and move on.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 2:54 am

Something familiar about this, alright. I think he must remind me of someone I am.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 8:38 am

Werand wrote:
Homer Bob, why should you care if it's a stereotype? Stop your whining and move on.

You call that whining? I was just making an observation about a movie and stating my opinion. I was not whining in the least.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 12:18 am

I can't wait to see it :).

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 12:35 pm

I can't wait to see this in theatres (if it is around my area at least). He reminds me of myself in a way, but instead of sports and entertainment for an obessive interest, he has science and space for his obsessions.

This is one of those movies that I have to see for myself just to see if it enhances people with Asperger's or just stereotype it.