Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

So, how do you sleep (usually, or by preference)?
On my back. 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
On my back. 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
On my stomach. 12%  12%  [ 11 ]
On my stomach. 12%  12%  [ 11 ]
On my side. 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
On my side. 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
In the fetal postion (or close). 14%  14%  [ 13 ]
In the fetal postion (or close). 14%  14%  [ 13 ]
Sitting. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sitting. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Standing. ((Weirdo!! !)) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Standing. ((Weirdo!! !)) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have no one preferred position. 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
I have no one preferred position. 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
I have a preferred position not listed here. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have a preferred position not listed here. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 94

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 9:08 pm

So, which is it?

I bet you guys can guess my preferred sleep position, but I'll tell you anyway: fetal. Well, OK, it's not that bad, it's kinda quasi-fetal. But fetal enough to be unsurprising when you consider how generally insecure I am about so much. I CANNOT sleep on my stomach (I'd suffocate) and I don't think I've ever been unconscious on my back without having gotten that way by passing out. I HAVE fallen asleep sitting many a time, though- but that was mostly in classes!

There is no "I never sleep" option because if you're coherent enough to read this, you ARE getting some amount of sleep, no matter how tiny. Or you're about to. And you'll probably drool on your keyboard. I did consider it, though.

((Was there a poll like this before? I almost think there was, if so, link me and let this thread die if you want.))

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 9:11 pm

I like to sleep on My side, that is the only way I can get to sleep.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 9:16 pm

Usually on my back, sometimes my side.

aprillove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2006, 9:20 pm

on my stomach, but i think a big part of that is because i have sleep apnea. i think i snored less sleeping on my stomach so just got into that habit.
april

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 9:23 pm

I dont know. I dont see me when I sleep.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 9:41 pm

I mostly sleep on my stomach with my head facing to the left, but sometimes I sleep on my right side.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 9:43 pm

I prefer sleeping on my sides. That is how I have always done it, so any other way would feel strange.

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2006, 10:05 pm

I sleep on both sides and my back, none of which is comfortable because I'm always switching during the night. I especially dislike sleeping on my back for some reason (makes me dizzy) but my sides start to hurt (like bed sores) after several hours laying on them.

I can't sleep in fetal position very long either because it makes my spine and legs hurt, I need to stretch them out. My cat really annoys me when she is sleeping in the crook of my legs and won't move to allow me to stretch out.

When I was younger I used to only sleep on my stomach and I couldn't imagine sleeping any other way but now it hurts my neck to sleep like that. I would probably still prefer to sleep on my stomach if I could keep my neck straight without suffocating :)

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 10:53 pm

I tried sleeping in fetal position once, and I found it hard to breath.

post-ante
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2006, 10:59 pm

I'd disclose details of my sleeping habits but I'm afraid the information would be, ahem, misused.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 11:42 pm

I acually thought it was standing up for you serrissa. :lol:
Anyways, I can't decide between standing and on the side. I've prefer both.
But i'm going to be conventional about it and vote for on the side. I am a weirdo serrisa. A proud one at that. :wink:

Note: I'm kidding about me sleeping standing. :P

But if any aspie here does sleep standing you shouldn't be ashamed. It's your own preference that's all. A bit unusual yeah. But still your own way of sleeping.

Gracias.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 12:08 am

I voted on my stomach because I do often sleep that way except I tend to sleep in this weird position like I'm rock climbing in my sleep or something. Other times I sleep on my side. A lot deepends on how much space on the bed my cats are taking up.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 12:40 am

I'm really weird about this. I can only fall asleep in one position and have been like that for as long as I can remember: on my stomach with one leg bent so my knee is near my chest and my opposite arm under the pillow supporting my head so I can breathe. I have wrinkles on my face from years of sleeping this way. Oh well, I'd rather be comfortable asleep and have the wrinkles. Just another aspie side effect, I figure.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2006, 12:53 am

I usually start off reading in bed and I'm on my stomach, but when I'm done reading and ready to really go to bed, I turn over on my back. But somehow from the time I close my eyes to when I wake up, I'm back on my stomach again.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 12:55 am

Actually I sleep both side and stomach way. I don't no why i'm so indecisive about this.

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2006, 1:26 am

I'm a rotisserie sleeper. I just turn over and over. I wish they didn't make me keep switching pillows. Back sleeper,side sleeper,stomach sleeper,side sleeper, back sleeper, side sleeper........I get more rest awake :wink: