Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ad2009
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2009, 3:58 pm

I have a problem with taking things that people (or at least one particular person, I guess) say to me and twisting it into something that may not have been intended and becoming insulted. For example, earlier today some people tried to do a prank that involved carrying me somewhere. After a struggle, they decided not to go through with it. Shortly afterward, my friend came up and said "A good way to get the s**t beat out of you is to fight back when they try to do this." I know that he was trying to help but I interpreted that as him saying "You are a pathetic piece of crap who cannot defend himself because you are as muscular as I am. I know that you used to be a cop and I'm sure that they showed you how to do things with custody and control and defensive tactics techniques but I don't care because you are pathetic and anyone can beat the crap out of you." Admittedly, there were multiple guys that were going to carry me and some were large. But it just upset me that he made this comment even if he was trying to help. He was trying to help so why am I offended?

ad2009
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2009, 11:01 pm

Does anyone else do this? Stories? Tips?